Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Reviews for SAS Scandanavian Airline
Old 11-18-2018, 01:41 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Reviews for SAS Scandanavian Airline

Just booked to Prague, by far best prices and travel times. But are they a decent airline? Anyone experience flying with them?

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Rianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2018, 01:45 PM   #2

Excellent airline.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by braumeister View Post
Excellent airline.
I'm so glad you said that. All other airlines and Kayak, Travelocity etc could not match (not even close) the price and travel times. I decided to go straight to their website. It was efficient, no BS and I changed the dates and times a bunch of times. Still quality searching and finally booked. I highly recommend going to their website instead of any other booking website!

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Rianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 02:42 PM   #4

Flew them to Prague about 10 years ago. Topnotch /, hopefully still the same
Old 11-18-2018, 04:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Excellent airline.
braumeister is being his usual understated self. SAS is the airline Volvo uses for picking up your new Volvo in Sweden. We each did that last year. Volvo pays for Premium Economy. I think they call it Plus. We upgraded to Business and flew our boy in Plus. Business was excellent. Lay flat seats. Food for hours. A snack area if you run out of food between. Our flight from the West Coast was about 11 hours

Plus seats recline but don't lie flat. A bit of extra legroom. I think a foot rest Our boy was pretty comfortable.

I would fly them again in a heartbeat. I always check them 1st for overseas trips
Scrapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 01:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Excellent airline.
Ditto on this and if you have United Mileage Plus Gold or higher status the lounges are awesome in Europe with the one in Oslo being a phenomenal one.
Old 11-23-2018, 02:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserat View Post
the lounges are awesome in Europe with the one in Oslo being a phenomenal one.
Haven't been there yet but I can definitely say that the Icelandair lounge in Reykjavik is out of this world awesome. Best I have ever seen anywhere.
Old 11-23-2018, 02:25 PM   #8
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserat View Post
Ditto on this and if you have United Mileage Plus Gold or higher status the lounges are awesome in Europe with the one in Oslo being a phenomenal one.
The one in Stockholm had multiple beers on tap (self server for free) Definitely worth a lounge pass if you can swing it.

I get up at 7 yeah, and I go to work at 9. Got no time for livin yes I'm workin all the time. Seems to me I could live my life a lot better than I think I am. I guess thats why they call me the Working Man.
DJRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 02:49 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRR View Post
The one in Stockholm had multiple beers on tap (self server for free) Definitely worth a lounge pass if you can swing it.
That one was great, too. Went to one in Istanbul (?) I think that was HUGE but great food and drinks all around. Frankfurt one is nice, too. I usually grab several large pretzels for my ride back to USA. Went business class this last spring and went to the arrival lounge which was great too - first thing they asked was did I want a shower....heh.

But, I don't use United as much anymore, so am not Gold - huge difference in EU between Silver and Gold. USA - meh - nothing until you are platinum.

Haven't done Asian lounges but I imagine those are nice, too.