RV Rentals , One Way , Almost Free

I met a guy in a RV Park in the San Francisco Bay area earlier this year. He was from Finland. He and his wife flew into Chicago and rented a Class C motorhome, about 25 feet in length. He told me he got a very favorable rate because the rental company wanted to get more RV’s back to California. They had spent about three weeks crossing the country and seeing the sights in the USA. He said it was the trip of a lifetime. I thought that it was a pretty cool thing for someone to fly halfway around the world to explore a foreign country. I told him he has probably seen more of the US than most Americans.

I met a guy in a RV Park in the San Francisco Bay area earlier this year. He was from Finland. He and his wife flew into Chicago and rented a Class C motorhome, about 25 feet in length. He told me he got a very favorable rate because the rental company wanted to get more RV’s back to California. They had spent about three weeks crossing the country and seeing the sights in the USA. He said it was the trip of a lifetime. I thought that it was a pretty cool thing for someone to fly halfway around the world to explore a foreign country. I told him he has probably seen more of the US than most Americans.

Interesting. In Oregon this summer we met a Swedish couple with their two kids who did the same thing. Their goal was to visit as many of our national parks as possible and they were having a fabulous time. We had a delightful conversation with them in a very out-of-the-way state park. The four of them in the little Class C seemed like a tough situation, but they were (mostly) very happy with the experience.

They have units leaving Mesa Az " Refurbished", sending out to be eventually sold.

I'm not sure about the units heading to Meas Az for " Reconditioning"( maintenance depot) might be in less than great shape . The used RV's they sell are typically 3-5 years old, 120k miles.

The rental I had was 2 years old, 30k miles and in excellent cond.

Would love to do something like this, to head somewhere warm(er) right now, but DW would kill me. Even worse, we would undertake the trip and we would kill each other in route.

Would love to do something like this, to head somewhere warm(er) right now, but DW would kill me. Even worse, we would undertake the trip and we would kill each other in route.

Ya , forget about vacationing in warmer weather , you might miss the Snowblower Sale at Sears :LOL:

Interesting. In Oregon this summer we met a Swedish couple with their two kids who did the same thing. Their goal was to visit as many of our national parks as possible and they were having a fabulous time. We had a delightful conversation with them in a very out-of-the-way state park. The four of them in the little Class C seemed like a tough situation, but they were (mostly) very happy with the experience.

And of course you regaled the Swedish couple with tales of swedish meatballs at the Volvo factory!

It's a small world...but i wouldn't want to paint it

And of course you regaled the Swedish couple with tales of swedish meatballs at the Volvo factory!

Not quite, but at least I got to use the few Swedish phrases I had picked up there. I was also highly amused at their extensive travels in the western US because they were from Malmö and had only been to Göteborg once in their lives. Although in fairness they are nearly 300 km apart, which is a long way in Europe. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom