Sarasota area

Earl E Retyre

Full time employment: Posting here.
Hi all,
We are planning a trip to Sarasota, Florida and surrounding areas for both vacation and a potential place to relocate. Please let me know if anyone has any advice regarding either things we should see and do from a vacation stand point or communities we should consider.
thanks!

Siesta Key beach is the best beach i've ever been to. It's on the far southwest end of Sarasota. Parking is free and there's a lot of it but get there by 11am or you may not find a spot. The beach is big and even when crowded isn't all that crowded IMO. Any of the communities from Bradenton down to Venice(Sarasota is in between) would be worth checking out.

Hi , I live on the border of Sarasota . For sightseeing I would recommend The Ringling Museum , St, Arricamand's circle ( an upscale shopping area ) , Siesta Beach ,Downtown Sarasota & the famous statue which is my avatar in the marina area . For relocation I would suggest Lakewood Ranch . It is a self contained area with all types of houses , villas & condos . It has shopping areas and recreation areas . I would also recommend checking out Venice , Fl. It is below Sarasota and somewhat less expensive but very nice with a historical downtown.

I also agree with Siesta Key Beach. Wonderful beach with white sugar sand. I also enjoy the Columbia restaurant in Sarasota as well. Excellent food with awesome mojitos. Enjoy!

For a retirement area check out the Punta Gorda area. Great small town with lots of restaurants, activities etc. close to Sarasota or Ft Myers. One down side is that it is not very close to a beach.

I love Bradenton because it is less expensive than upscale Sarasota. Definitely get out onto the barrier islands. Take a nature boat tour out of Mote Marine Laboratory. Marine biologists bring up a net full of sea creatures that you can look at or touch. Shark's tooth hunting in Venice...alligator airboat ride at Myakka State park east of Sarasota. I could go on and on. I hope to retire to the Bradenton/Sarasota area in a few years.

If you are looking for a little bit quieter area to scout around, try Ana Maria Island. It has some great restaurants and the people are very friendly. There is a free trolley service that goes up and down the island so you don't always have to get out and deal with the traffic that can get problematic at certain times there.

Back
Top Bottom