Join Early Retirement Today

Old 12-13-2015, 11:10 PM   #21
Recycles dryer sheets

Jimi Hendrix exhibit at the EMP Museum

EMP Museum - Music + Sci-fi + Pop Culture

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2015, 11:22 PM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34rlsa View Post
Jimi Hendrix exhibit at the EMP Museum

EMP Museum - Music + Sci-fi + Pop Culture
+1 for the Experience Music Project museum, very near the Space Needle & Chihuly glass museum. If you like old war planes and tanks, consider heading north to Paul Allen's warbirds museum: Flying Heritage Collection - Home

As mentioned, come out to Woodinville wine country and see the Hollywood School House, where DW and I were married

Old 12-23-2015, 01:08 PM   #23
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooch96 View Post
Gum got cleaned up last month, can't remember the exact tonnage. Residents are barely started in restoring it, so not very impressive at the moment, but you could have the rare occasion of adding to real, bare wall.

Fremont troll is neat. Real neat.

Underground tour is cool; couple that with the Museum Of History And Industry (MOHAI) and you get a real feel for the relatively short history of the city.

Crab Pot is wonderful, but I personally avoid it. I always gorge and feel ill for about two days afterwards.

Dukes is another great seafood place. The two best Dukes, scenery wise, are on Ruston, near the Chihully Museum in Tacoma, and on Alki Beach in West Seattle.
I live in West Seattle and wanted to chime in there is a water taxi that will take you there from DT Seattle pier (12 minute trip). From there one of the cool restaurants is Salty's just 500 feet south of where the water taxi docks. Cheers.
Old 12-23-2015, 07:18 PM   #24
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova72 View Post
I live in West Seattle and wanted to chime in there is a water taxi that will take you there from DT Seattle pier (12 minute trip). From there one of the cool restaurants is Salty's just 500 feet south of where the water taxi docks. Cheers.

I'd skip Salty's and go to Marination instead, which is right at the dock. (http://marinationmobile.com/#about).

The water taxi is a nice ride, especially when the weather is nice. There's also a free shuttle that goes from the pier to either Alki or West Seattle (opposite directions).

Alki can be a nice place to visit and there are a few good restaurants there. If you go to Alki, I'd recommend Cactus, which serves Southwestern/Mexican food and somebody else mentioned Duke's, which is also on Alki.

I don't recall when you'll be here, but Alki also has beach volleyball at times, which can be fun to watch. Not to mention great views of the city, especially at night.
Old 12-23-2015, 08:18 PM   #25
Dryer sheet aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova72 View Post

That's great. I checked it out and this is very doable!
Old 12-23-2015, 08:19 PM   #26
Dryer sheet aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki View Post
I'd skip Salty's and go to Marination instead, which is right at the dock. (http://marinationmobile.com/#about).

The water taxi is a nice ride, especially when the weather is nice. There's also a free shuttle that goes from the pier to either Alki or West Seattle (opposite directions).

Alki can be a nice place to visit and there are a few good restaurants there. If you go to Alki, I'd recommend Cactus, which serves Southwestern/Mexican food and somebody else mentioned Duke's, which is also on Alki.

I don't recall when you'll be here, but Alki also has beach volleyball at times, which can be fun to watch. Not to mention great views of the city, especially at night.

Thanks! I looked at Marination when checking the Salty reviews and I may have to go with the Marination recommendation.