Join Early Retirement Today

Old 02-09-2010, 07:48 PM   #61
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by audreyh1 View Post
Wow - I guess things must really have changed. I sure didn't have that much of a clue in my late teens or even early 20s, and the guys didn't really either! And I suspect lack of maturity and patience (and confidence?) might have had something to do with it too, not just lack of many years of experience.

But whatever - if young women really know all there is to know today, they have a good fulfilling life ahead of them!

Audrey

Never in my life have I found you know everything. So I guess you just need to keep on practicing to make it perfect. Alas, such a hardship practicing... I figure if I keep on practicing till the grave I might get ok at some stuff.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2010, 08:43 PM   #62
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notmuchlonger View Post
Never in my life have I found you know everything. So I guess you just need to keep on practicing to make it perfect. Alas, such a hardship practicing... I figure if I keep on practicing till the grave I might get ok at some stuff.
I know! It seems like that practicing just keeps better and better! I don't know how it is possible.

Audrey

Old 02-09-2010, 08:50 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by audreyh1 View Post
I know! It seems like that practicing just keeps better and better! I don't know how it is possible.

Audrey

Thankfully I found someone who doesn't mind if I keep on practicing...haha!

Really i tried to behave...
Old 02-09-2010, 09:20 PM   #64
Give me a forum ...

Well, I had two cougar relationships, so if you have any questions, let me know..........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:21 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
Well, I had two cougar relationships, so if you have any questions, let me know..........
Just volunteer the information out. Thats what these message boards are for sharing.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:35 PM   #66
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
Frank is 7 years younger than me (well, six and a half), and nobody has ever mentioned it. I often forget. Granted, 7 years is not 15 years. But still, that's one thing I like about living in New Orleans... it takes a lot more than a few years' difference in age, to get any attention.
Ditto. My brief 29 year one night stand I met in New Orleans. 6 1/2 yrs.

heh heh heh - She had visited her brother who had met and married a New Orleans I talian while in the Marines. After a week in New Orleans - she decided 'crap' I ain't gonna live in Philly no more - a couple years before I transferred from Denver.

Now one engineer I know who transferred did marry a New Orleans lady maybe 15 yrs older - give or take. And he passed away young - 58. She is still going strong. Hard core RV'ers - they did get a lot of traveling in.

Is this a fun thread or what?
Old 02-09-2010, 11:33 PM   #67
Recycles dryer sheets

My younger friends call me a cougar. I'm not - really.
(Just a terrible flirt sometimes and younger guys are safe.) Actually, I don't even like younger guys - and it's embarrassing when your son's friends hit on you. Especially to your kid. I wonder if the older woman/younger man thing is becoming more common because when I go out with my oldest son, people usually think we're together-together - which is kind of creepy. He looks older than his age, I look my age, but am kind of immature at times - it all evens out.

Don’t struggle so much, the best things happen when not expected. — Gabriel García Márquez
JacqJolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:03 AM   #68
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
In this particular situation, contrary to policy, only if there are no photos.

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:43 AM   #69

FinanceDude, I'd be really interested in the age you had these relationships and the ladies' ages, and why you were attracted to these particular two ladies. I'm really fascinated by the dynamics of those relationships having had more than a couple myself in the past.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:49 AM   #70

Cougar Woman on Date

Old 02-10-2010, 10:06 AM   #71
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchidflower View Post
FinanceDude, I'd be really interested in the age you had these relationships and the ladies' ages, and why you were attracted to these particular two ladies. I'm really fascinated by the dynamics of those relationships having had more than a couple myself in the past.
First one was when I was 21 and she was 33. I was working at a bar attending college and she was a business owner who was divorced. We became friends first over time and eventually that blossomed into a relationship. I admit I never really thought of her as girlfriend material until I found out how generous she was with local food pantrys and charitable causes..........I guess that hooked me. The fact she was gorgeous and had men hitting on her all the time didn't hurt.........

The second one was when I was 24 and working in sales management. When I was at a conference in Minneapolis, a few of us went out to a couple bars in the area. At one of them, there was a group of flight attendants partying. I met a couple of them and hit it off with one. We ended up at an after-bar party until 5:00am, and "Alicia" and I stayed up talking until sunrise. I found out she was 36 and single. She told me relationships were hard because most men couldn't deal with her schedule, and she hated dating pilots..........

Neither one lasted longer than 2 years, but I found out that there were some awesome women out there, if you didn't fixate on age. My friends of course, gave me a lot of grief, calling them "sugar mommas" of mine. However, I didn't care. What those women taught me about relationships has helped me to this day...........

One last thought: As a man in my 20's, what those 30-something women taught me about sex was eye-opening to say the least........

Old 02-10-2010, 10:07 AM   #72
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
So, that baby from the Etrade commercials really gets around, huh?

Old 02-10-2010, 02:40 PM   #73
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

One last thought: As a man in my 20's, what those 30-something women taught me about sex was eye-opening to say the least........
I think you could be the spokesperson for Cougars. Although, I am not sure 30 something qualifies as Cougar...
Old 02-10-2010, 02:44 PM   #74
Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Khan
In my 30s, dated a guy 11 years younger. In my 40s, a guy 16 years younger (he lived with me for several years).
Old 02-10-2010, 03:53 PM   #75
Give me a forum ...

Hindsight says there was an element of higher education.

Speaking tongue in cheek wise.

heh heh heh -
Old 02-10-2010, 04:04 PM   #76
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclemick View Post
Yes, that does sound worth learning.

Ha
Old 02-10-2010, 08:12 PM   #77
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifp View Post
I think you could be the spokesperson for Cougars. Although, I am not sure 30 something qualifies as Cougar...
Sounds like a good transition to ER.......I could be like Gopher on Lover Boat for the "cougar cruises".......

Old 02-10-2010, 08:56 PM   #78
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclemick View Post
Hindsight says there was an element of higher education.

heh heh heh -
Mick!

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:11 PM   #79

Well, I enjoyed that FinanceDude. I can only hope and pray that there are some fellas strolling around thinking the same about me.
It would be surprising to some how many younger fellows are really intrigued by older women. I've even seen this in my own son, so he's normal I guess..ha!. It's like a fascination with an older woman thang I assume...and it passes.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:21 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
Yes, that does sound worth learning.

Ha
Think my side hurts a little bit right now...ohhhh boy!