so whos a disney freak?

retiringat50

Recycles dryer sheets
I am! Next trip is this coming April
I was there 2 wks solo (running into ppl I know everyday!) in Nov for my 50th birthday
DS15 & I were there in Aug, and I was there last Apr again solo

Not sure if my WDW vacations will need to slow down for a while once I officially retire end of June 2008. (DH says Go)

There are several dizzy freaks on this forum but it's unlikely they'll admit it, even if they're cognizant of the fact.

Oh, you said disney freaks. Never mind...

Have a friend who is a Disney freak. Best man at my wedding as a matter of fact. Apart from his love of all things Disney, he is the most normal, hetero, beer drinkin', football watching, kind of guy that you are likely to meet.

It is a bit odd to see him get all giddy over a Buzz Lightyear doll or Mickey Mouse as a Wizard poster though.

We were supposed to take the kids to Disney World for 3 days last week. The wife and I weren't that keen on this adventure thinking the place is way over priced,The day we were supposed to go the kids
approached us saying that they weren't too keen on this Disney adventure and would rather spend the money at the mall,:D:DGave the kids $200 each and ended up staying on the beach in Daytona for 3 days instead,every one was happy.

We found Disney a blast. However, I would prefer if they had a theme park with better rides. I found the over all ride selection sucky compared to other places I have been. Thats my only gripe! The place is amazing. But I can only handle so much of it when we go ;)

When I was in college, I didn't have a stereo but I had several Disney records. I assume that most people on a retirement board remember what records were (the medium for real music). Anyway, in order for me to listen to my Disney songs, I became a radio DJ. My show was "Shawn Bunny Wunny's Traveling Disney Circus" (I didn't make up the name). It was every Friday evening for four years. I had the most consistent radio audience of any DJ. One (me). I offered cars, houses, and other prizes for anyone calling the request line. No takers.

Both Disneyland and Disney World are high on my todo list when I retire. My last visit was about 20 years ago.

My friends would tell you I am a Disney freak and I would have to agree. We go to Disney World twice a year, and enjoy all things Disney. (Our bathroom even has a Mickey Mouse theme!) We just returned from ringing in the New Year at the Boardwalk Villas - what a fun place to be New Year's Eve!

My friends would tell you I am a Disney freak and I would have to agree. We go to Disney World twice a year, and enjoy all things Disney. (Our bathroom even has a Mickey Mouse theme!) We just returned from ringing in the New Year at the Boardwalk Villas - what a fun place to be New Year's Eve!

That would have been really cool!

DVC rocks

Disney is great for all ages. I own a Disney Vacation Club (Timeshare) and love staying on property. I have been with the wife and kids 15+ times and enjoy it everytime (best in the winter as we live in the chicagoland area)...

Being there so many times makes it better as you do not feel you have to go to the parks and be all commando about it.

I guess I qualify as a Disney aficionado as I made my first visit to the Magic Kingdom on the day it opened -- October 1, 1971. I actually delayed starting a new job so I could go to Florida for the opening. I remember a friend and I had to stay in a crummy motel between Tampa and Orlando after flying into the Tampa airport...the Orlando airport was under construction at the time.

One memorable moment from Day One: I was standing on line with about a thousand other people waiting to board the Monorail for the trip across the lagoon to the main gate. After waiting for what seemed like hours, I was finally at the head of the line to board the approaching monorail. It slowed down as it entered the boarding area, but didn't stop. As it cruised by, we saw the cars were all empty except for the first one -- carrying Bob Hope and about ten other "celebrities." The ensuing cat-calls and single finger salutes weren't pretty.

Since that first visit, I've been back at least two dozen times. Always something new to see.

Last edited:
I was there 2 wks solo (running into ppl I know everyday!) in Nov

Am I understanding this correctly that you went to Disneyland every day by yourself for two weeks? What did you do all day?

A friend of DW married a guy who recently left his job as an electrical engineer to move down to FL from CO to audition to become Mickey Mouse at the park. She apparently didn't think it was a bad idea.

They might be the ultimate Disney freaks.

We took the kids over a dozen times I guess. I figure we have about one more time to go before DD (our baby) flies the coop. I refuse to go with just DW...in our late 40s and beyond....something's just not right about that. Maybe we'll go again when we have grandkids...hopefully at least 10 years from now.
R

"I refuse to go with just DW...in our late 40s and beyond....something's just not right about that"

So you don't enjoy amusement parks? If I make it to 80 Ill still ride roller coasters if my body can take it :D

Love the roller coaster rides, but DW won't ride them with me, and I'm not into shopping for cute fuzzy mice with big ears (her gig - I'll go wth her, but don't enjoy it). I much prefer going with DD...we have a blast.

At amusement parks around here, 50 y.o. men come in a suit and tie...not my idea of fun...
R

Back
Top Bottom