Stupefyingly boring travel slideshow(s) Part II

Nemo2

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Before we begin preparing yet another mind-numbing slideshow about our latest jaunt, here's our opening act........partly to keep the thread open but mainly because we love the performers and the lyrics:

"This is us"

Travel thread with photos? It's hard to make that boring, but then I like travel myself. :)

He is my favorite guitarist.

About all we listen to in the car are Knopfler CD/DVDs....we love his playing and his writing.

Before we begin preparing yet another mind-numbing slideshow about our latest jaunt, here's our opening act........partly to keep the thread open but mainly because we love the performers and the lyrics:

"This is us"

Nothing useful to add to the thread, but I DO like the song! :D

Thanks for the opening act. I'm ready for the main course.

Currently we're concentrating on DW's parents, (late 80s and early 90s), who are experiencing health difficulties....(at those ages, who isn't?).

The car's brakes are acting up, and we've accumulated our own Dr's/Dentist's appointments while we've been away, but I did begin wading through the myriad of pics last evening.

Hope the slideshow end result isn't too frightful. :LOL:

Currently we're concentrating on DW's parents, (late 80s and early 90s), who are experiencing health difficulties....(at those ages, who isn't?).

The car's brakes are acting up, and we've accumulated our own Dr's/Dentist's appointments while we've been away, but I did begin wading through the myriad of pics last evening.

Hope the slideshow end result isn't too frightful. :LOL:

I understand - Take your time.

I want to know how Emmylou gets pure white hair to be that shiny.

I clicked the link and immediately started scrolling down to find the pictures. I know who Emmylou is, but I didn't know who the other guy was. But I recognized the Dire Straits vocal sound right-away. I was "sure", but didn't dare write this without checking first, though.

I clicked the link and immediately started scrolling down to find the pictures. I know who Emmylou is, but I didn't know who the other guy was. But I recognized the Dire Straits vocal sound right-away. I was "sure", but didn't dare write this without checking first, though.

Lol, I'm the opposite. I know who the other guy is but I didnt know know who Emmylou was. I know she's a well known performer, just can't put my finger to what she is famous for. It goes to show I hang around with one Brit too long. :D

Last edited:
"Starts with A and rhymes with porthole"

Is it armhole ? is it, is it ? :LOL:

great as always... the memsahib has a big... lens cover.

Great slideshow! Got more?

The destinations all are familiar to me because when you first described your plan, I researched it with an eye toward doing it too. But DW didn't want to be away that long.

Did they make you take everything ashore when you got to the end of one cruise and the start of the next cruise?

Stupefyingly boring travel slideshow(s) Part II

You may be correct about it being a travel slideshow Part II. But completely wrong about it being stupefyingly boring.
(It was great. Thanks).

The destinations all are familiar to me because when you first described your plan, I researched it with an eye toward doing it too. But DW didn't want to be away that long.
Research? We depend on serendipity, (oh, and "the kindness of strangers".....apologies to Tennessee Williams)...........we were wandering around the other end of the city, (beyond the old town), and encountered a teenager on a skateboard who told us about the Krakus Mound and the Plaszow Camp replica, made for the Schindler's List movie, the other side of the Vistula........the area was practically deserted with only a few Polish/other European visitors.

Did they make you take everything ashore when you got to the end of one cruise and the start of the next cruise?
No, 'we' (yeah right, DW did it all) only had to pack our bags, put tags on them, leave them outside the cabin, and go and get new access/I.D. cards.....all stuff delivered to the new cabin....easy peasy.

Last edited:
Love the slideshow. Thanks for posting.

Back
Top Bottom