Suggestions for Chambersburg PA area.................

Cut-Throat

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
We will be visiting the South Central PA region in a couple weeks.

I have a fly fishing guide booked for some of the Trout Streams of the area. We are also planning on a visit to Gettysburg. We are basing our stay in Chambersburg. One day will be spent up at State College, where my wife's niece is Graduating from Penn. State.

Is there any place/attraction/restaurant that we should not miss? - Neither of us has spent much time in this area.

I live about 2 1/2 hours from Gettysburg and I have visited the area many times --- usually the historical sites. Anyway, near the battlefield is the Eisenhower farm which is a national park and worth seeing...

http://www.nps.gov/eise/

Also, I am not sure how much time you have but visiting the Lancaster area (Amish) is worthwhile. The Amish populate a large portion of the area and they are very friendly. Many places sell their crafts and there is plenty of homemade goodies around. Local towns in Lancaster have interesting names -- Bird In Hand, Paradise, Intercourse, etc. and each one is a culture shock. Most folks always stop at Shady Maple for dinner.

I always eat at the Copper Kettle Restaurant when in Chambersburg. Exit 16 RT81. Go west 1/4 mile on RT30 just a little past the Four Points on the on the same side. Excellent food! Good bar with snacks. Mid-west atmosphere and people. Cheap for white table cloth service.

Do they offer tours of Three Mile Island? That would be an interesting piece of recent history.

There's a great restaurant called Rosalie's or Rosalee's in Chambersburg. Not sure exactly where as we went there with friends from the area. Good homemade kinds of foods served in generous portions.

Back
Top Bottom