Join Early Retirement Today

Suggestions for Chambersburg PA area.................
Old 04-30-2007, 06:20 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Suggestions for Chambersburg PA area.................

We will be visiting the South Central PA region in a couple weeks.

I have a fly fishing guide booked for some of the Trout Streams of the area. We are also planning on a visit to Gettysburg. We are basing our stay in Chambersburg. One day will be spent up at State College, where my wife's niece is Graduating from Penn. State.

Is there any place/attraction/restaurant that we should not miss? - Neither of us has spent much time in this area.

Cut-Throat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Suggestions for Chambersburg PA area.................
Old 04-30-2007, 07:40 PM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets

I live about 2 1/2 hours from Gettysburg and I have visited the area many times --- usually the historical sites. Anyway, near the battlefield is the Eisenhower farm which is a national park and worth seeing...

http://www.nps.gov/eise/

Also, I am not sure how much time you have but visiting the Lancaster area (Amish) is worthwhile. The Amish populate a large portion of the area and they are very friendly. Many places sell their crafts and there is plenty of homemade goodies around. Local towns in Lancaster have interesting names -- Bird In Hand, Paradise, Intercourse, etc. and each one is a culture shock. Most folks always stop at Shady Maple for dinner.
janeeyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:51 PM   #3

I always eat at the Copper Kettle Restaurant when in Chambersburg. Exit 16 RT81. Go west 1/4 mile on RT30 just a little past the Four Points on the on the same side. Excellent food! Good bar with snacks. Mid-west atmosphere and people. Cheap for white table cloth service.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:49 AM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Do they offer tours of Three Mile Island? That would be an interesting piece of recent history.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:27 AM   #5

There's a great restaurant called Rosalie's or Rosalee's in Chambersburg. Not sure exactly where as we went there with friends from the area. Good homemade kinds of foods served in generous portions.