Suggestions for restaurants in Nashville

pacergal

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Heading to Nashville, have our hotel and site seeing planned. Looking for good places to eat, anywhere from nice sit down to local/casual/food cart.
Thanks in advance!:greetings10:

Here is a couple of thoughts. Enjoy Nashville, it is a great visit.

- Monell's Dining and Catering was a unique family style all you can eat southern style restaurant.
- Goo Goo clusters

If you like spicy food, I think a visit to Prince's Hot Chicken is mandatory in Nashville

Heading to Nashville, have our hotel and site seeing planned. Looking for good places to eat, anywhere from nice sit down to local/casual/food cart.

Thanks in advance!:greetings10:

City house is pretty good in Germantown. It’s worth googling a bit for Germantown restaurants as it’s one of the more interesting parts of Nashville

If you like spicy food, I think a visit to Prince's Hot Chicken is mandatory in Nashville

Prince's is presently closed at their original location--kitchen accident. They have a satellite location in 5800 block of Nolensville Road--pretty far south of downtown. Google Nashville Hot Chicken for other hot chicken places.

Wish you'd say where you're staying and what kind of foods you're interested in. There are over 2550 restaurants in the city--over 50% of all Tennessee restaurants.

We love to go to Maggiano's Little Italy on West End just past 31st St. North--especially with 4 or more people.

For barbeque, many swear by Martin's Barbeque (# of locations). Peg Leg Porker is rated #1 in all round barbeque, and it's off Division St. on 10th Ave.--west of 8th Ave.

Why don't you go to Google Maps and find your hotel. Then magnify the map to where the restaurant icons show up and see what people are saying about the restaurants close to there?

There's a bunch of fine dining restaurants 2 miles north of north of downtown in the Germantown neighborhood. And there's another group of eclectic restaurants in East Nashville. The big party district also has great restaurants on Broadway at the River.

Wish you'd say where you're staying and what kind of foods you're interested in. There are over 2550 restaurants in the city--over 50% of all Tennessee restaurants.

We love to go to Maggiano's Little Italy on West End just past 31st St. North--especially with 4 or more people.

For barbeque, many swear by Martin's Barbeque (# of locations). Peg Leg Porker is rated #1 in all round barbeque, and it's off Division St. on 10th Ave.--west of 8th Ave.

Why don't you go to Google Maps and find your hotel. Then magnify the map to where the restaurant icons show up and see what people are saying about the restaurants close to there?

There's a bunch of fine dining restaurants 2 miles north of north of downtown in the Germantown neighborhood. And there's another group of eclectic restaurants in East Nashville. The big party district also has great restaurants on Broadway at the River.

:facepalm:why didn't I think of that?
thank you for all of these suggestions! We are going with friends who are not real big on things other than "meat and potatoes", whereas DH and I like to try local foods. We are staying at the Hyatt downtown.

You could hardly be in a better location than the Hyatt. You're within walking location of Lower Broadway with all their incredible rooftop bars--and a number of great honky tonks. The Country Music Hall of Fame's just across the street, and I've been meaning to go.

I would suggest you eat at Martin's Barbeque Joint, 1 1/2 blocks south of the hotel. That location just opened the other day, but it's a great chain of restaurants. Another reasonably priced Greek steak house is Demos, 2 blocks across Broadway on 3rd St. Puckett's at 5th and Church is quite popular--across the street from a new 45 story condo building.

Back
Top Bottom