Things to see and do in Seattle

Elliots Oyster House on the waterfront!!!!!

I think I was staring at a giant cruise ship not far away last time I ate there.

Last edited:
If you are into wine, take a short drive over to Woodinville, North of Bellevue about 10 miles(across the Lake Washington Bridge (WA520) and have over 150 winery tasting rooms to try. Hollywood area alone has probably 20+ within 5 miles of each. Most of the outstanding wineries from Eastern WA have tasting rooms now in the area. Woodinville Wine Country | 30 Minutes from Downtown Seattle
Nwsteve
If you go there - definitely check out the spectacular chateau of Chateau St. Michelle - quite the setting!!!

If you plan on visiting EMP (at the Seattle Center), also stop in at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Visitor Center across the street from the Seattle Center. There is no entrance fee, and you gain a great appreciation about what types of research they sponsor, how successful some of their projects have been, and what areas they focus on.

Great way to think about toilets (I won't spoil the surprises).

Rita

We spent a week in Seattle after our cruise and our highlights included a mariners baseball game, and underground tour, the EMP museum and the Chihulie glass museum . Before we left for Seattle we arranged to take a 4 hr glass blowing class. It was awesome!! And our hotel concierge was able together us dinner reservations at the space needle.. Much more fun then we expected. It was great to watch the sunset and the evening appear. Food was surprisingly delicious.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

If you're into WWII history or military aircraft, you can see Paul Allen's MiG-29 and his foundation's collection of refurbished warbirds at the Flying Heritage Collection museum. I took my dad when he was in town and I was really hoping to get a look at the Mig, but apparently Allen had been flying it that weekend and it was in the shop.

Just noticed this thread. I'll put in a vote for the bonsai collection at the Weyerhaeuser headquarters south of Seattle. Magnificent specimens, and a very enjoyable couple of hours walking around the garden.
Pacific Bonsai Museum

If you like chocolate, especially dark chocolate, the Theo factory tour in the Fremont neighborhood is pretty good. The tour costs $10 and you should reserve in advance. If you like chocolate but don't want to go on the tour, the factory shop has lots of free samples of many of their bar chocolates.

https://theochocolate.com/factory-tour

Regarding Weyerhaeuser, in addition to their bonsai collection, they have a superb rhododendron collection if you happen to be there in the spring.

Back
Top Bottom