Travel Insurance--YES/NO??

I never have bought travel insurance before but did for my up coming 3 week trip to China and Tibet.Between the nature of the country and medical evacuation it just seemed a good idea this time. I also had typhoid, yellow fever shots....already had Hepatitis A&B shots last year. Leaving April 5 and very excited.

I never have bought travel insurance before but did for my up coming 3 week trip to China and Tibet.Between the nature of the country and medical evacuation it just seemed a good idea this time. I also had typhoid, yellow fever shots....already had Hepatitis A&B shots last year. Leaving April 5 and very excited.
Sounds great. I heard the Chinese were putting some extra restrictions on foreigners travelling in Tibet. Hope it doesn't affect you.

Whether I buy travel insurance depends on the destination and mainly for evacuation expenses and when medical expenses and care in such localities can be very high. I bought travel insurance when I went to Cambodia, Vietnam and China. I have not bought any travel insurance whenever I go to Japan or New Zealand but given the recent major earthquakes, maybe in future may need to buy travel insurance for destinations prone to earthquakes.

We get it when we travel internationally... for cancellation and medical/evac.

Here is a site where one can compare plans. Although I cannot vouch for the site.. I have not purchased through it.

InsureMyTrip.com | Plans

The price you quoted sounds high to me. Did you shop around?

If you intend to travel for an extended period, I have read you can buy a policy for several months.

Here is one... but I cannot vouch for it or the insurance company either. This policy is supposed to be good for 1 year.
http://www.travelinsure.com/what/voyagercovhighlights.asp

Back
Top Bottom