Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-13-2016, 01:53 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUEGO View Post
That's what we were afraid of so booked WAAAAAY ahead of time as soon as we booked our partially refundable Airbnb stay. Mammoth Cave plus Niagara Falls are our two "must sees" on this road trip and everything else is just a bonus along the way.
Raleigh, Mammoth, Niagara, and back to Raleigh (or the other way around). Impressive family trip.

I did 5700 miles in RV with our three then-tween sons in the early oughts. Great learning/fun adventure!
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2016, 02:12 PM   #22
Confused about dryer sheets

In our trip to Louisville, we thoroughly enjoyed a tour of the Louisville Slugger factory (even though we are not baseball fans) and a behind-the-scenes tour of the Kentucky Derby (even though we know little about horse racing).
annenrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 03:37 PM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2017ish View Post
Raleigh, Mammoth, Niagara, and back to Raleigh (or the other way around). Impressive family trip.

I did 5700 miles in RV with our three then-tween sons in the early oughts. Great learning/fun adventure!
This was our somewhat failed attempt to "do something small" this summer. Last summer was 7.5 weeks through Mexico and next summer (possibly 2018 instead) will be 6-8 weeks across Europe.

We drove Raleigh to Quebec City and back in 2014 with the five of us in a 14 year old Honda Accord. Now we're rocking a much newer Toyota Sienna minivan, so it should be a breeze. And our 2 year old will be four on this road trip.

The kids love these trips, but in a way I want to do a "do nothing" summer so we can relax at home and do simple stuff.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:54 AM   #24
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUEGO View Post

The kids love these trips, but in a way I want to do a "do nothing" summer so we can relax at home and do simple stuff.

Even "weekend trips" make for great memories for the kiddos.... so maybe a few shorter and closer trips would be a nice plan for your summer.

My boys still love to travel with us as young adults and I love that. One is going to Hawaii with us in the fall ( and even me paying for his portion in payday installments ). That willingness to hang out with the "old folks" may change when they meet the girls of their dreams though..... you never know about kids ....
KmmFIdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
indiana, kentucky, stop, tennesse, tourist