Two ER.com members went on a cruise!

GoodSense

Full time employment: Posting here.
Thanks to this website, I went on a wonderful cruise to the Southern Caribbean with another ER.com member. We had a blast!

We went on the Carnival Victory, which left from Puerto Rico and went to St. Thomas, Dominica, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, Barbados, and St. Martin. This was my first cruise and definitely not the last. Everything was so unbelievably convenient.

On a side note, I found the other passengers just normal people like us, no more bigger or smaller. Maybe there were some wealthy people, but most seemed to be common folks just like us.

I am posting a few photos of the trip. Did I mention we had a great time? :cool:

Attachments

• 284.jpg
    284.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 384.jpg
    384.jpg
    692.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 521.jpg
    521.jpg
    427.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 1140.JPG
    1140.JPG
    274.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 1018.jpg
    1018.jpg
    373.6 KB · Views: 6
Any pictures from the ship (room, lounges, deck, swimming pool, etc.)? The cruise ship I took was attractive but not as luxurious as I had expected. The adds probably show the highest end rooms and not the ones down by the engine room. Still, like Vegas, I look at the room as a place to sleep. If the rest of the ship is fun, who cares (other than tall folks) how big the cabins are? Our swimming pools and other amenities were OK but not great.

Good pictures!! Thanks.

I have been on that cruise!

Have been on 5 or 6 cruises and that cruise was by far my favorite! I thought that stopping at a different port every day would not be relaxing but I was wrong. We just made our way to the beach at every port (except Dominica).

My son's favorite vacations are cruises. We would go on Spring Break when there would be upwards of 700 children on board - lol!

Glad you had fun. My second favorite cruise was the Carnival Spirit Mexico cruise out of San Diego.

GoodSense,

I am so glad you enjoyed yourself. My husband and I just got back from two weeks on the Adventure of the Seas. Except for St. Kitt we hit the same islands. We did Antigua, Barbados, Aruba, Dominica and a couple of others. Since we had been to all the ports many times we spent a lot of time in the water this time. It was so great to be in the warm sun and beautiful clear water.

Sorry we didn't bump into you. We also left out of San Juan on both cruises.

We did have a really good time - I haven't downloaded my pictures yet, but it's on the list to do and I do have some of the cabin, common areas, etc. And the towel animals, can't forget the towel animals.
Also happy I walked away from the gambling tables while I was still ahead. Learned my lesson from the last trip... :LOL:

Here's some pictures of my cruise. I really enjoyed cruising solo. Having my own private space was really nice.

7240-albums72-picture528.jpg
Pardon the messy room.:D

7240-albums72-picture529.jpg
Celebrity Century

7240-albums72-picture530.jpg
Century Grand Foyer

The Century is a smaller version of their Infinity, the ship that I've been on before. With the single supplement, the balcony and the airfare, a 5 day on this ship was about all I could afford right now. Had a wonderful time tho.:D

Pictures of the Victory

The decor of the Victory is very 1990s and Vegas-like. A bit too glitzy for my personal taste--but I didn't really care. Our stateroom was nice with no ugly wallpaper or anything. It's pretty plain and simple.

Crusinthru, glad you had a good time, too! We could have run into each other at one of the ports. Now I can understand why people do back-to-back cruises. I didn't really want to leave the ship!

Attachments

• 142.jpg
    142.jpg
    576.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 149.jpg
    149.jpg
    551 KB · Views: 3
  • 153.jpg
    153.jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 584.jpg
    584.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 595.jpg
    595.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 1
Pictures above:
1. Elevators in the atrium
2. Watching the US vs Canada hockey game, which the Canadians won. Being from the north, it was very odd to watch hockey in 90 degree weather.
3. Our stateroom -- it's a handicapped accessible room on the front of the ship, with a window opening to one of the front decks. It's certainly not a typical shape.
4 & 5. Sailing into the sunset

Moemg, where does the Carnival Freedom go?

Happy2bretired, I think 5 days would be a nice amount of time. This cruise was 7 days, and I was exhausted by the end. There was no sea day, and we were sleeping an average of 6 hours a day, thanks to lots of stuff to do. If I were to do this again I would be more self-disciplined and make sure I get 7 hours of sleep each night!

Happy2bretired, I think 5 days would be a nice amount of time. This cruise was 7 days, and I was exhausted by the end. There was no sea day, and we were sleeping an average of 6 hours a day, thanks to lots of stuff to do. If I were to do this again I would be more self-disciplined and make sure I get 7 hours of sleep each night!
After taking a few cruises you tend to pace yourself withoiut even trying. And sea days are good for that, so your next cruise will probably have a different feel to it.

For example, Holland America and others have a library area. After breakfast each morning I'd drift there, read a few book chapters or magazines and consistently drift off for a short morning nap in a nice comfy easy chair. Sometimes I'd strike up a conversation with someone, other times just go comatose for a while. 7 to 10 days is our favorite cruise length.

Probably mostly due to my hearing problem, I didn't do any scheduled activities except two shows and one shore excursion, oh and of course my meals, during my 5 days. I mostly just hung out by myself - pretty much like I do here at home but with MUCH nicer weather - nice and relaxing. I've had spa treatments before, but didn't this time. Next time...I'm gonna get a spa treatment of some sort.

/QUOTE]

We are going to Costa Rica , Panama and Cozumel . The Caribbean ports are much nicer but we wanted a taste of Costa Rica before going there for a longer time. One of my favorite cruises is the cruise to Bermuda . Bermuda is beautiful and the ship docks right on main street for a few days so you can get off and on the ship at all hours .

Back
Top Bottom