UK Electrical Plug Adapters

PERSonalTime

Recycles dryer sheets
Does anyone have any suggestions regarding brands of electrical plug adapters that I can purchase in the US for use in the UK? Also, the names of stores where they can be purchased would be very helpful (hopefully Amazon). Just need it to charge cell phones and computers.

Thanks. :)

Amazon has all kinds. Just search for UK plug adapters.
Warning! make sure every device you plan to plug in is rated for 100-230 volts! UK voltage is 220V

+1 just be sure you know what devices need adapters (adapts the US plug to fit into a UK outlet) and which need converters (adapt the plug as previously described AND step-down the voltage from 220 to 110).

DSis was amazed at how well her US hair dryer with an adapter worked in the UK... until it went kaput!

+1 just be sure you know what devices need adapters (adapts the US plug to fit into a UK outlet) and which need converters (adapt the plug as previously described AND step-down the voltage from 220 to 110).

DSis was amazed at how well her US hair dryer with an adapter worked in the UK... until it went kaput!

Yep, I watched a guy fry his expensive portable printer. He didn't see any humor in what he'd done.

+1. Also be wary of intermittent power surges in some places. Sometimes these can fry your electronic devices. Only plug things in as long as you need to, and then unplug.

Thanks folks I really appreciate the information

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

My laptop and iPhone are both dual voltage, so in the UK I can get by with just an adapter and do not need a voltage converter.

We were in England a few weeks ago and found an adapter at the local department store for about 6GBP I believe, so you could buy one when you get there if that would be easier.

I've found that the adapters available on Amazon work just fine. DW's Dell laptop has a 3-pin US plug so just be sure that if if you have any 3 pin US plug devices that you get the correct adapter as some we have only adapt to a 2-pin US plug.

This one looks good as it provides both a 2-pin and 3-pin option for your US devices for only $5.99. It can plug in 2 devices into one socket.

https://www.amazon.com/Grounded-Uni...d=1469778233&sr=1-9&keywords=uk+power+adapter

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 08.49.05.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 08.49.05.png
    74.9 KB · Views: 33
I ended up ordering one off of Amazon so I guess I'll see how it works. Thanks for all the information and feedback

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom