Undiscovered destinations around the world?

Many of us have similar stories. The first time I visited Colorado Springs, the population was around 140,000. When I moved there for w*rk it was nearly twice that.

When I first moved to Australia the population was around 10 million.....now it's over 24 million.......me and my big mouth, I shouldn't have told anybody about the place.

I guess the only way to discover undiscovered destinations is if they can fit into the classic "You can't get there from here" line.

Many of us have similar stories. The first time I visited Colorado Springs, the population was around 140,000. When I moved there for w*rk it was nearly twice that.

I bought a home on a two-lane road that petered out into a dirt road at the south end of town. Today it's a six-lane divided highway, and the population is around half a million.
I left home 40 years ago. I recently went back for a wedding, and got lost twice. The county population increased from 125k to 385k over that period. None of the roads are the same and nothing looks familiar. It's disconcerting.

I guess the only way to discover undiscovered destinations is if they can fit into the classic "You can't get there from here" line.

"Damn you, Ferdinand Magellan." :LOL:

It should be "damn you, Malthus." The world is overpopulated and everyone seems to want to move here and to the other wealthier, more desirable places. More wealthy people equals more people with leisure time and money to spend enjoying it.

It should be "damn you, Malthus." The world is overpopulated and everyone seems to want to move here and to the other wealthier, more desirable places. More wealthy people equals more people with leisure time and money to spend enjoying it.

What we need is a good ole fashioned plague or famine to help us travelers out a bit.

What we need is a good ole fashioned plague or famine to help us travelers out a bit.

Yabbut, ringing a hand bell and calling out "Unclean" can have its drawbacks too.

War, pestilence and famine. The three main ways to control population...
I guess those three might reduce tourism :) but they would also make those pristine locations a bitch to visit. If it is just Malthusian population growth you want to control you left out development which seems to work in a less disruptive manner. It works so well the developed nations depend on immigration to maintain economic growth. If the rest of the world catches up we might eventually need to learn how to make do with the people we have.

We went to Poland twice and it was beautiful and cheap. No English is spoken in the small cities but it is in the bigger ones. Anyone got any ideas how to find a cheap Hawaiian cruise in the Spring?

SS: we want to take a trip every 6 months so March or April is when we want to go.

We went to Poland twice and it was beautiful and cheap. No English is spoken in the small cities but it is in the bigger ones. Anyone got any ideas how to find a cheap Hawaiian cruise in the Spring?

Try vacationstogo.com. Select your months and Hawaii as your region. If you have a min/max number of nights you want, then use the Custom Search to specify that.

Undiscovered destinations is pretty much an oxymoron.

If you want real undiscovered try Belarus. They now allow visa free for five days.

If you want real undiscovered try Belarus. They now allow visa free for five days.

The rules are pretty specific:
"Visa-free travel is granted provided tourists cross the state border in the Minsk National Airport. A valid passport or other document permitting foreign travels, money (equivalent to at least two base amounts for each day of stay in the foreign currency or Belarusian rubles), medical insurance in the amount of at least €10,000 operational in Belarus will be needed for the visa-free entry."

Belarus introduces visa-free travel for 80 countries | Latest news of Belarus - politics, society, culture, sport | Belarus News | Belarusian news | Belarus today | Belarus.by

So you have to fly in, and I don't know what "two base amounts for each day is".

Ukraine's not "undiscovered" but definitely on the top of my list! Thought I'd book when I got back from Japan 10/29 but the driver made himself unavailable until May .... thinking Belarus. Thanks for the link!

The one thing I miss about work is the travel. Overnight wasn't a lot (definitely don't miss flying out in the AM and back at night), but those week long 1/2 day conferences with 2 travel days were nice

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom