Join Early Retirement Today

Old 11-13-2008, 12:32 PM   #21
Full time employment: Posting here.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2008, 12:52 PM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets

Just used priceline and stayed at the Courtyard by Marriot on East 38th street $120 a night Right across from Bryant park. Nice hotel right in midtown.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:53 PM   #23
Recycles dryer sheets

Chris I could use a map of Brooklyn like that
Old 11-13-2008, 03:00 PM   #24
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnyfrombrooklyn View Post
Chris I could use a map of Brooklyn like that
Hey, Goomba, I would, if could, but I can't, so I won't, get ya a map of Brooklyn like the one I posted for Manhattan. Best I could do:
http://www.corcoran.com/guides/gfx/brooklyn_map.jpg

Take care, Red Hook/Cobble Hill representing here.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:08 PM   #25
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygood4nothinbum View Post
here's your experience entering the city by car
We used to stay at the Fleabag Hilton Holland Motor Lodge in Jersey City (just outside the Holland Tunnel....go figure)....the place was a genuine DUMP! But it was cheap (as were we), and we only slept there for a few hours each night (from about 2:30am to about 6am)....had to enjoy all of NYC that we could for the few days we were there each time. Anyway, experienced that view of the Tunnel quite a bit!
Quote:
unless you are a total homophobe, do not miss the village. creativity and thoughtfulness abound. plus they have the best cafes and pizza.
I loved the Village! The PIZZA!!! We used to hit the little Mom & Pop neighborhood grocers to grab some fresh fruit (already sliced/cut, and wrapped in small packages) to snack on while wandering around. We usually got to the Village sometime in the evening, and we'd stay until at least midnight or later....usually later!

We also used to go hang out in Washington Square, and enjoy the musicians, dancers, entertainers, and whatever! (and there was a LOT of whatever!)
Quote:
and you have to see times square at night. it is just amazing.
Abso-friggin'-lutely!!! The City that NEVER sleeps!!! The sights...the sounds....nothing like it anywhere! And if you're looking for something to do......you'll find it there! And if you're a people watcher......you'll overload your circuits!!! Times Square at night.....AWESOME!!!

Quote:
ny ny what a town
Until you've experienced it....you haven't experienced it! Not like Chicago.....LA....Vegas......Atlanta.....none of them or there kind! NYC is uniquely NYC!

I'll probably be there in July......staying at The Presidential on 48th west of Broadway. Might take in a few shows.....“Tale of Two Cities” is produced by a guy that was born, raised, and schooled here in my area, and he's taking us on a back-stage tour. Lots of other great shows available too!