Volutarily Gave Up My Seat Yesterday for $500 Voucher

Only true if you claim to want to save the environment and be green. I tend to believe we'll use up all the resources, die off, and the environment will be jut fine in the blink of a geological eye...

That is true. When we use up all the oil and mined metals and humankind ceases to exist, all our cities will revert back to jungle (for example, Ohio used to be all forest), or desert for the Southwest and much of California. Just like we were never here. Well, there will be some relics like solar panels in ruin (glass does not decompose), and garbage dumps, but there will not be any intelligent life left to dig around, will it?

I would not think dinosaurs will get resurrected, but some mammals will roam the earth again. They have no need for oil, coal to burn for electricity or heat, or lithium to make laptop batteries. Yes, the earth will be fine. All the dams will eventually collapse, and the rivers will run free again.

Last edited:
We took vouchers several years ago. Overbooked flight to Hawaii. DW snarfed up the vouchers. And we were bumped to an earlier flight than the one we were supposed to be on. Problem was that our original flight was nonstop, and the flight we were bumped to had a few hour layover. And there wasn't enough time to reroute our bags from the original flight to our bumped flight. Our original flight got to Hawaii a couple of hours earlier than our bumped flight, and our bags were still circling the carousel when we got there.

Vouchers worked out well though - round trip tickets anywhere in US. No restrictions, went to San Diego with the vouchers.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom