Washington DC

Talk to the people eg' desk clerks ,taxi drivers etc.as these are the people who live in the area and who better to know where to go and where not to go..

The JW Marriott is really nice at 13th and Penn and it also has a great buffet during lunch and the weekend. If you were going to spend most of your time at the Washington Mall - Smithsonian, Capitol, Library of Congress, White House -- the JW Marriott is very convenient for walking. Like others have said, DC has lots of events. You just missed the National Book Festival on the Mall. Also, if you go to Chowhound Boards - Chowhound there's a DC Bulletin Board about good eats in the area.

I'd stay at the other hotels in Arlington or Alexandria, only if I planned mainly to tour outside of the District like Mt. Vernon (you need a car to get there), Alexandria, or Arlington historical sites.

Thanks ,everybody ! We are meeting my daughter & son-in -law there for some sightseeing and to celebrate Thanksgiving .My brother used to live in Chevy Chase so I've been there before but not in many years.

Just returned from Washington,DC ,We stayed in the Hotel Madera off Dupont Circle .The hotel was a great bargain and a great location .

So, what did you see and what did you like.

So, what did you see and what did you like.

We visited The air & space and the natural history museum .I was a little disappointed that the American History museum was closed for renovations .We also went to the Postal Museum ,the archives and all the monuments .Plus of course the White House and Arlington. We also did the spy museum which is a lot of fun and interesting .I really liked the Dupont Circle location for touring and tons of restaurants in walking distance .The Hotel we stayed at was a small hotel with large rooms and the best part was they handed you a glass of wine as you came in from a long day of sightseeing .

Sounds like you got all the big ones. I enjoyed the Spy Museum too. We stayed at my parents and they would hand you something healthy when you came back.

Back
Top Bottom