Welcome to the Best of the Boards Index. This is where you can find links to discussions that are particularly useful.
- Click here to read a discussion about things you need to consider and preparations you should make as you near retirement.
- To find out where the 4% safe withdrawal "rule" comes from, the effects of inflation and volatility, and what we are taking that 4% from click here.
- When to take Social Security? Waiting 4-10 years could raise your living standard in retirement as much as 10 percent. Read more in this discussion.
- No matter when you FIRE, there is always some set of reasons why you should wait "just one more year." Yet this also seems like a psychological trap - you can always justify waiting, and in the meantime precious years of FIRE go slipping away. Click here to learn how other's knew when the time was right.
- This Social Security spousal benefit sounds too good to be true. Can she really collect a % of the amount I am collecting as a spouse at age 62 and then switch over to her full benefit at later age? Learn more about spousal benefits in this discussion.
- Going to sell your house and want to save the Realtor fees? Read Nord's 10 Steps to FSBO your house and the ensuing discussion by clicking here.
-Recommended reading: FIRE Recommended Reading List
If you have a recommendation for other discussions that should be listed above, please contact a moderator and let them know.