Canadian Premier Will Have Heart Surgery in the US

Interesting...

Williams also said he paid for the treatment, but added he would seek any refunds he would be eligible for in Canada.
"If I'm entitled to any reimbursement from any Canadian health care system or any provincial health care system, then obviously I will apply for that as anybody else would," he said.

I forwarded this story about the Prime Minister to a Canadian friend of mine down here in Florida for the season. He emailed me back that it was the first he had heard about the story. Although he is out of country, he commumicates with his family and friends up in Canada via email and keeps up on the news up there on line. Strange he would not have heard the story, but maybe it's not being talked about up there.

Interesting...

Williams also said he paid for the treatment, but added he would seek any refunds he would be eligible for in Canada.
"If I'm entitled to any reimbursement from any Canadian health care system or any provincial health care system, then obviously I will apply for that as anybody else would," he said.

If the procedure he had were not available in Canada, he would be entitled to reimbursement of the basic amount from his own province's health plan. But the fact is that the procedure is available in seven Canadian cities and the outcomes are as good as those in the US. Therefore his choice was a personal preference, not a need. I don't think he should get a cent back.

I forwarded this story about the Prime Minister .....

Not the Prime Minister (Stephen Harper) but the Premier of the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador, Danny Williams. (Mr. Williams has an ego the size of the country, so perhaps he thinks he is the Prime Minister!). :LOL:

But the fact is that the procedure is available in seven Canadian cities.....

Can they do it in those cities without breaking bones? I gathered that was one of the main reasons he went to Florida is the less invasive technique so he would be back to work sooner.

I just hope that he was charged enough that it was extremely profitable for the medical facility and the docs involved. That is, full retail, uninsured, non-negotiated price. And I hope the outcome was very favorable for him!

Back
Top Bottom