Gotta Cover Those Pre-Existing Conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have ordered from Zenni several times. I can definitely tell the difference between my $60 Zenni sunglasses and my $500 optical shop sunglasses, but not really that much of one.

+1 for Zenni! I have purchased 3 pair at a total cost under $100 plus my optometrist test for $45

See this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/13/business/cost-not-choice-is-top-concern-of-health-insurance-customers.html?utm_campaign=KHN%3A+First+Edition&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=32909693&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8zMbacDvhTz3NeaMeNdGgEOIETGlzldNpla_YmvmiWw1zXP-YYjfbPjcHfZLhCqXL9O0hjl38GimkBFepTAZ8EPlM7Dw&_hsmi=32909693&_r=0

Millions of people buying insurance in the marketplaces created by the federal health care law have one feature in mind. It is not finding a favorite doctor, or even a trusted company. It is how much — or, more precisely, how little — they can pay in premiums each month.

And for many of them, especially those who are healthy, all the prices are too high.

The unexpected laser focus on price has contributed to hundreds of millions of dollars in losses among the country’s top insurers, as fewer healthy people than expected have signed up.

Emphasis added

Originally Posted by ERD50 View Post

ERs and hospitals can have fixed prices for routine things, and set charges for the variable add-ons. Transparency is a good thing.
Have you seen the movie "The Big Short"..transparency is good for consumers, for big business it's to be avoided at all costs. And Health Care is big business now.

Ummmm..... Uhhh..... The Free Market...? BAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH....

I was only saying that it can be done, not that it will be done.

Clearly, those on the receiving end of the $$$$ have no motivation to change this. Transparency would need to be forced on them.

-ERD50

Clearly, those on the receiving end of the $$$$ have no motivation to change this. Transparency would need to be forced on them.

-ERD50

I was agreeing with you

-ERD50

Agreed, but in all things John Q. Public comes secondary to big business and their billions of dollars. Money talks now more then ever.

If the ACA would have just gotten rid of that piece, along with any waiting periods, and let insurers compete across state lines, I think health insurance would be much cheaper today. An insurance mandate is also a good idea.

What would you suggest those of us who made unwise choices of mother or father do, Senator?
Should we receive the same punishment as those who willingly smoke, do drugs, or eat themselves into oblivion?

Last edited:
What would you suggest those of us who made unwise choices of mother or father do, Senator?
Should we receive the same punishment as those who willingly smoke, do drugs, or eat themselves into oblivion?

To clarify, if the ACA would have just eliminated any pre-existing exemptions, it would be better off. A pre-existing condition is no fault of a person, there should not be a penalty for it.

I apologize if I was not clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom