Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-28-2014, 09:00 AM   #61
Moderator Emeritus
Bestwifeever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 16,375
I am so suggestible that someone could hand me a regular brownie, tell me it's full of cannabis, and I would be in redeye heaven for a few hours.

I think I only partook in social situations, and doubt we could get the band back together again, so probably wouldn't use it very much. I think Firesign Theatre is just as great without the enhancement, anyway. Not sure about some of the music, though.
__________________

__________________
“Would you like an adventure now, or would you like to have your tea first?” J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
Bestwifeever is offline  
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2014, 10:14 AM   #62
Full time employment: Posting here.
Birdie Num Nums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle-ish
Posts: 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestwifeever View Post
I am so suggestible that someone could hand me a regular brownie, tell me it's full of cannabis, and I would be in redeye heaven for a few hours.

I think I only partook in social situations, and doubt we could get the band back together again, so probably wouldn't use it very much. I think Firesign Theatre is just as great without the enhancement, anyway. Not sure about some of the music, though.
Well, you could always revisit an album side or two at a time.
__________________

__________________
Birdie Num Nums is offline  
Old 12-01-2014, 09:49 AM   #63
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
HFWR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lawn chair in Texas
Posts: 12,964
That $hit will make your babies be born nekkid!











__________________
Have Funds, Will Retire

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline  
Old 12-01-2014, 01:28 PM   #64
Recycles dryer sheets
kitesurfer2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: jax
Posts: 229
I found out by accident that a couple hits does wonders for minor arthritis discomfort. One knee had gotten so bad that I could not stand up from a crouched position. The dr gave me some meds that took care of it, if I took them. I don't take meds, period! withholding the long story details, I found a little pot made the pain go away. I also found that I could bend my fingers again, as I had not been able to bend my fingers to play my guitar for a couple years. long story short, a couple one hit bowls after work and I play my guitar for an hour or so (and my wife says I'm getting better/more creative). go take another hit and cook supper. I also smoke a bowl before I wax my car, mow my yard, or my 4 mile weekend walks. I was once a runner, marathon and such and quit because of the knee pain. I can now run again but only 3 miles so far--I would rather walk for enjoyment. My lungs are fine! I have been smoking regularly now for 2 years. I grow my own and that is more fun than smoking it! I never get wasted. I only smoke enough to adjust.
__________________
kitesurfer2 is offline  
Old 12-01-2014, 01:35 PM   #65
Full time employment: Posting here.
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesurfer2 View Post
I found out by accident that a couple hits does wonders for minor arthritis discomfort. One knee had gotten so bad that I could not stand up from a crouched position. The dr gave me some meds that took care of it, if I took them. I don't take meds, period! withholding the long story details, I found a little pot made the pain go away. I also found that I could bend my fingers again, as I had not been able to bend my fingers to play my guitar for a couple years. long story short, a couple one hit bowls after work and I play my guitar for an hour or so (and my wife says I'm getting better/more creative). go take another hit and cook supper. I also smoke a bowl before I wax my car, mow my yard, or my 4 mile weekend walks. I was once a runner, marathon and such and quit because of the knee pain. I can now run again but only 3 miles so far--I would rather walk for enjoyment. My lungs are fine! I have been smoking regularly now for 2 years. I grow my own and that is more fun than smoking it! I never get wasted. I only smoke enough to adjust.
As to your last two sentences.....Yeah, Right!
__________________
ripper1 is offline  
Old 12-01-2014, 01:42 PM   #66
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Major Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SF East Bay
Posts: 3,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesurfer2 View Post
I don't take meds, period! withholding the long story details, I found a little pot made the pain go away.
Isn't pot a med? I'm not criticizing - if it works for you, that's great but the way I see it, you do take meds, because you take pot to ease the arthritis pain.
__________________
ER, for all intents and purposes. Part-time income <5% of annual expenditure.
Major Tom is offline  
Old 12-01-2014, 02:11 PM   #67
Recycles dryer sheets
kitesurfer2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: jax
Posts: 229
I should have said prescription meds, even though I won't take aspirin, vitamins or other non-natural, man made poor house promoters.

However, should there be a real need, I might.
__________________
kitesurfer2 is offline  
Old 12-01-2014, 08:00 PM   #68
Recycles dryer sheets
Derslickmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 249
DW has terrible neuropathy in her legs and feet from all the chemotherapy that she has received over the last 5 years. I'm trying to talk her into going to Colorado for a "ski" vacation seriously, she needs some relief (and sleep), this might just do the trick.
__________________
Derslickmeister is offline  
Old 12-01-2014, 08:11 PM   #69
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
haha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Hooverville
Posts: 22,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
try to relate this to FIRE.
that might take some doing.

Ha
__________________
"As a general rule, the more dangerous or inappropriate a conversation, the more interesting it is."-Scott Adams
haha is offline  
Old 12-01-2014, 10:07 PM   #70
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Huston55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The Bay Area
Posts: 1,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
that might take some doing doobies.

Ha
There, FIFY.
__________________
You may be whatever you resolve to be.
Huston55 is offline  
Old 03-06-2015, 12:51 PM   #71
Dryer sheet wannabe
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: medford
Posts: 24
Cigarette smoking is legal as well but the health ramifications are horrendous. Why smoke weed? Is it worth the health risk? Is smoking in "moderation" okay? Is there even any such thing as smoking in moderation?
__________________
TuffNuts is offline  
Old 03-06-2015, 12:55 PM   #72
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
mpeirce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Columbus area
Posts: 1,595
> Is there even any such thing as smoking in moderation?

I never understood the attraction of sucking high temperature smoke right into my lungs. Right up there with sticking dirty needles into my arm. Good times all around.
__________________
mpeirce is offline  
Old 03-06-2015, 01:01 PM   #73
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
HFWR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lawn chair in Texas
Posts: 12,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeirce View Post
> Is there even any such thing as smoking in moderation?

I never understood the attraction of sucking high temperature smoke right into my lungs. Right up there with sticking dirty needles into my arm. Good times all around.
You put ice in the bong...

Smoking pot has absolutely nothing in common with mainlining street drugs with a dirty needle...
__________________
Have Funds, Will Retire

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline  
Old 03-06-2015, 01:11 PM   #74
Dryer sheet wannabe
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: medford
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR View Post
You put ice in the bong...

Smoking pot has absolutely nothing in common with mainlining street drugs with a dirty needle...

Sure it does....they are both very unhealthy. And on a side note.....my BIL has been smoking weed every day for the last 30 years and he says he does not find it habit forming at all.
__________________
TuffNuts is offline  
Old 03-06-2015, 01:32 PM   #75
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
2017ish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR View Post
You put ice in the bong...

Smoking pot has absolutely nothing in common with mainlining street drugs with a dirty needle...
As a proponent of legalizing this and all "fun" drugs, I disagree. Most street drugs are used to alter consciousness, and most smokers/eaters of marijuana (at least from what I've seen/read) use it for that reason, just like many/most users of alcohol. But no one can reasonably dispute the fact that marijuana is less risky than most drugs, even if an uncontaminated supply is used in a sanitary manner. This, of course, includes my daily drug of alcohol.
__________________
OMY * 3 2ish Done 7.28.17
2017ish is offline  
Old 03-06-2015, 02:02 PM   #76
Confused about dryer sheets
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1
A
__________________
editpop is offline  
Old 03-06-2015, 02:10 PM   #77
Recycles dryer sheets
Choices's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: In transit
Posts: 156
I live in CO, gotta friend in Durango who swears she's the only retiree there who does not have a medical MJ card... I voted to legalize it. To me it is the same as beer. Haven't done it in years but sure loved it with a big ole bag o Cheetos. Ah, yes, orange stained fingers and great naps. I gave up alcohol a couple years ago. Now that I think about, everyone should have vice or two, perhaps I will revisit MJ.
__________________
Choices is offline  
Old 03-06-2015, 02:27 PM   #78
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
HFWR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lawn chair in Texas
Posts: 12,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2017ish View Post
As a proponent of legalizing this and all "fun" drugs, I disagree. Most street drugs are used to alter consciousness, and most smokers/eaters of marijuana (at least from what I've seen/read) use it for that reason, just like many/most users of alcohol. But no one can reasonably dispute the fact that marijuana is less risky than most drugs, even if an uncontaminated supply is used in a sanitary manner. This, of course, includes my daily drug of alcohol.
Smoking a joint is NOT the same as intravenous injection with a dirty needle.

Never said pot was harmless, or "safe", but injecting an unknown substance directly into your blood stream with a contaminated needle is an entirely different animal. Ask the "War on Drugs" how hyperbole has worked all these years...
__________________
Have Funds, Will Retire

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline  
Old 03-06-2015, 03:42 PM   #79
Recycles dryer sheets
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 406
You can always eat it. The effect might be less but it still does work as I recall from eating brownies in my youth

The medicinal value especially for people on chemo (and glaucoma) is well documented. A good friend of mine used it as a great improvement for the last few years of her life. On a hazard scale it is far less dangerous than alcohol...or texting for that matter . Most people believe it is dangerous because they are told it is dangerous as a drug. OTOH breathing in smoke, any smoke even your BBQ smoke which smells awesome carries a certain level of risk
__________________
If money is the root of all evil I want to be a bad man
nuke_diver is offline  
Old 03-06-2015, 03:44 PM   #80
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Nodak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cavalier
Posts: 2,317
A bill to decriminalize pot in ND is on the legislative schedule. I am hoping it passes.
__________________

__________________
"Don't take life so serious, son. It ain't nohow permanent." Pogo Possum (Walt Kelly)
Nodak is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
marijuana for medicine and recreation Grizz Health and Early Retirement 9 03-25-2008 12:33 PM
Skunk Smell - Marijuana? TromboneAl Other topics 31 12-13-2006 04:04 PM
Smoking marijuana Martha Other topics 65 02-24-2006 01:26 PM
Marijuana may spur new brain cells Nords Other topics 16 10-15-2005 06:04 PM
Marijuana and the Supremes Martha Other topics 16 06-09-2005 11:01 AM

 

 
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:39 AM.
 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.