More foreign members coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how exactly is this related to FIRE? While that is explained, this thread should be moved to the "politics" forum.

And how exactly is this related to FIRE? While that is explained, this thread should be moved to the "politics" forum.

IF Texas secedes, and I want to move there, will the the gummint send my Social Security check there?
Will I need to learn yet another foreign language?

Will they issue green cards to retirees?

IF Texas secedes, and I want to move there, will the the gummint send my Social Security check there?
Will I need to learn yet another foreign language?

Will they issue green cards to retirees?

I think it will be a few years yet to sort out the details. I believe that Texas already has the right to secede whenever they want, so I assume they'll be first out the door.

I believe that Texas already has the right to secede whenever they want, so I assume they'll be first out the door.
No state, including Texas, has the right to secede from the Union. TX does have the right to divide into a many as [-]six[/-] five separate states (Texas plus as many as four others), but not become a separate country.

Last edited:
No state, including Texas, has the right to secede from the Union. TX does have the right to divide into a many as six separate states, but not become a separate country.

Got it - thanks for the quick correction.

No state, including Texas, has the right to secede from the Union. TX does have the right to divide into a many as six separate states, but not become a separate country.
Uh, no thanks. One is enough. :)

No state, including Texas, has the right to secede from the Union. TX does have the right to divide into a many as [-]six[/-] five separate states (Texas plus as many as four others), but not become a separate country.

Many questions. Not many answers.

If there are five states will they put a wall around each or will they combine and put a wall around Austin?

Will one of the states be called Armadillo?

Uh, no thanks. One is enough. :)

Let me see....

1. North Texas
2. West Texas
3. South Texas
4. Texas Hill Country
5. Texas Deep Piney Woods

That could work! Then, at last, it wouldn't take FOREVER to drive across Texas. I like it. :D

If there are five states will they put a wall around each or will they combine and put a wall around Austin?

Like for West Berlin, we'd have to build an airbridge to supply Austin.:D

Let me see....

1. North Texas
2. West Texas
3. South Texas
4. Texas Hill Country
5. Texas Deep Piney Woods

That could work! Then, at last, it wouldn't take FOREVER to drive across Texas. I like it. :D
Shows what I know. I figured if they split up they would be called Scorpionville, Snake Flats, Spider-rama, Inferno, and of course, Texico. The driving thing is a big plus, though. :D

Reactions: W2R

In the interest of preserving electoral votes for the GOP, I suspect each major metropolitan area will be divided into as many States as possible. Similar to what Utah did to the congressional districts and Salt Lake City.

Shows what I know. I figured if they split up they would be called Scorpionville, Snake Flats, Spider-rama, Inferno, and of course, Texico. The driving thing is a big plus, though. :D
You've got the right idea, but the proposed names are actually Texas, Chiggerfornia, Scorpiana, Fireantsylvania, and New Texaco.

EDIT: In before the lock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom