Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2015, 04:00 PM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Whether we agree with what is attempting to be done or not, I think many on both sides will agree the situation will be a lot better when it is governed by law (i.e. the product of all three branches of our govt) rather than apparently being the ultimate decision of one person. We're not talking about a small issue here, and if there's enough slop/discretion to allow biting off this much without going through "the process", then that's not good.
Until it is resolved, this decision will be known as the "Telecommunication Lawyer Full Employment Ruling of 2015".

"Freedom begins when you tell Mrs. Grundy to go fly a kite." - R. Heinlein
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2015, 04:18 PM   #42
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
[Mod Edit]

This is pro content innovation.

As far as the telecom propaganda that telecoms won't invest unless they can maximize profits, [Mod Edit]

Of course it's all [Mod Edit] since Internet speeds in the US fare poorly in the OECD rankings. Telecoms spent a lot of money lobbying and for all the capital they spent in the last decade, US still has poor results. In the rest of the industrialized world, there isn't the kind of throttling nor protected monopolies.

There really should be little doubt where the pro and anti consumer forces line up on this.

Old 02-28-2015, 04:33 PM   #43
I'm really surprised no one has mentioned it's not a truck... it's a series of tubes.... But now it's a neutral set of tubes.

Series of tubes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Retired June 2014. No longer an enginerd - now I'm just a nerd.
Old 02-28-2015, 04:35 PM   #44
Recycles dryer sheets
Thanks for this discussion. Very helpful to me.
Old 02-28-2015, 05:21 PM   #45
Sorry folks but the partisan politics got too much.

Retired in Jan, 2010 at 55
Now it's adventure before dementia
Closed Thread