ObamaCare's Worst Tax Hike.

Yep, and it is getting pointless to try to learn anything from a discussion with someone who continually frames things in order to get a point in, w/o really making that point. It's getting to be a lot of babbling.

-ERD50

That's the conclusion I came to.

But if you want to continue to believe that the gains rate isn't favorable and provide no objective information supporting that view (other than some vague theory that all capital gains are due to inflation) then its best to agree to disagree.

That's the conclusion I came to.

But if you want to continue to believe that the gains rate isn't favorable and provide no objective information supporting that view (other than some vague theory that all capital gains are due to inflation) then its best to agree to disagree.

Yep, time for me to stop wasting time.

Case in point, I never said nor implied that 'all capital gains are due to inflation'. I merely said that accounting for inflation in the cap gains calc would make it more comparable to earnings. Could result in more or less tax compared to the current rates, on a case-by-case basis.

If you have to resort to misquoting/misrepresenting me, it says a lot about the basis you have for support. Over.

Perhaps along the way I can look forward to having a meaningful and/or interesting discussion with you on some other topic. But this isn't it.

-ERD50

Case in point, I never said nor implied that 'all capital gains are due to inflation'.

Agreed that "all" is an overstatement. But . . .

You might be able make the case that some investment income is tax advantaged.

"Might" and "some" (emphasis original) implies most, if not all, of investment income is not advantaged. You haven't posted any evidence to support this.

Agreed that "all" is an overstatement. But . . .

"Might" and "some" (emphasis original) implies most, if not all, of investment income is not advantaged. You haven't posted any evidence to support this.

ohhhhh.... Cap Gains are not the only type of investment income. As I said earlier, I had not thought through the whole issue of dividends and interest income (and all the various forms of 'unearned income', like rent, etc....), so I used 'might' and 'some' to give some leeway on those forms.

This is why I'm over this with you. You parse and twist everything not to learn, but to avoid giving an answer. Bye-Bye (on this subject) :greetings10:

-ERD50

Soda, sugar, salt, fat, taxes coming your way soon:mad:

Why not mandatory exercise or pay a fine:confused:

Maybe we could hire more IRS agents to enforce it:mad:

How about taxing and rationing energy use next:confused:

We can can have more agents conduct regular energy audits on our homes:confused:

Personal carbon credits:confused:

How about a national Id and get rid of cash:confused:

Nationwide broadband internet and all electronic money...

Gee this Progressive new world is gonna be utopia:(

Soda, sugar, salt, fat, taxes coming your way soon:mad:

Why not mandatory exercise or pay a fine:confused:

Maybe we could hire more IRS agents to enforce it:mad:

How about taxing and rationing energy use next:confused:

We can can have more agents conduct regular energy audits on our homes:confused:

Personal carbon credits:confused:

How about a national Id and get rid of cash:confused:

Nationwide broadband internet and all electronic money...

Gee this Progressive new world is gonna be utopia:(

Relax.

You pay a use tax every time you fill up your tank.

We do ration energy. It's called a utility bill. (It's probably taxed, as well, just like other items you buy.)

We do have electronic money. Every time you use a credit card, it's electronic money. Every Direct Deposit is electronic money.

We have a de facto national ID. It's called your Social Security #, which is now used everywhere to check your credit report and track you.

Relax.

You pay a use tax every time you fill up your tank.

It should be raised sky high right:rolleyes:

We do ration energy. It's called a utility bill. (It's probably taxed, as well, just like other items you buy.)

But it should be taxed and regulated more right:rolleyes:

We do have electronic money. Every time you use a credit card, it's electronic money. Every Direct Deposit is electronic money.

But not everyone uses that so we need national broadband. Get rid of any kind of hard fiat $$$. It will be much easier to collect the taxes when the IRS is hooked right up to the bank that owns the IRS:rolleyes:

Let's see they could probably say it would prevent crime. The underground economy can't really function without cash... Tax revenue would go up:rolleyes:

We have a de facto national ID. It's called your Social Security #, which is now used everywhere to check your credit report and track you.

Without cash you would need a much "improved" system:rolleyes:

But all that is getting away from all of the absurd taxes that are being proposed to support this "healthcare reform" scam...

Back
Top Bottom