Join Early Retirement Today

Passion, Once Aroused, Is Hard To Control
Old 03-18-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Passion, Once Aroused, Is Hard To Control

Mean Street: AIGĖThe Revolution Will Devour Congress - Deal Journal - WSJ

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2009, 02:23 PM   #2
Give me a forum ...

You really reeled us in with the tile of your thread...now didn't you?

Old 03-18-2009, 02:59 PM   #3
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
You really reeled us in with the tile of your thread...now didn't you?
Actually, that is right out of the article.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:19 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

AIG CEO should have said something like: Our hands were tied due to contractual obligations, but I'll tell you what I'm going to do. We're going to make $450 million in low interest loans to minority-owned urban renewal companies in disadvantaged neighborhoods.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:07 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Nope - death is too easy an out for those guys - I caught the former Chairman of AIG on Charlie Rose last night - along with some business mag types.

They need to detained as Terrorists and interogated as in waterboarded for for a long period of time to find out what they knew and when they knew it - by guys in tin foil hats. Then held in Guantanimo in some of the newly empty cells without trial for a long period.

They can be released when my IRA gets back above even.

Who said soap was dead!

heh heh heh - note the consensious of the program I watched says nobody knows what they are doing - yet.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:08 PM   #6
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclemick View Post
Who said soap was dead!

is this a rhetorical question?
Old 03-18-2009, 05:25 PM   #7
Full time employment: Posting here.

I am watching... and I am waiting. This little drama was predicted years ago.... a book that shall remain nameless is litterally happening. If the prediction goes according to plan, the next move is that CEO's and other high paid executives will decide to quit their jobs and try to look for more lucretive opportunities elsewhere. After all, what exec wants to give back millions that they are owed. To which the govt will say, "No... we will not ALLOW you to quit. Your job is too important to the survival of america, you have to keep working..."

And that is when some people might really see how this is the road that goes to totalitarianism. Seriously... get into a conversation with any person that believes the govt knows better then the individual citizen how to run his/her life. And in very short order the conversation will go something like this...

"Well... what if people do not want to do what the govt says is in their best interest?"

"That should not happen... I mean the govt has everyones interests in mind. You cannot think just of yourself on these things, that would be selfish, you have to think about the big picture..and everyone else."

"But what if people decide not to give back those bonuses, or they decide to quit instead, or what if people after all of this decide to keep spending and not saving like they should?"

"Well then... we need to FORCE them too... we need to MAKE them do what needs to be done for the good of everyone else!!!!"

And after that last statement, the person that utters it will gasp, go pale, and look very frightened, because only then will they really understand the ultimate endgame of where their philisophy leads. It is to bondage and subjugation of the few by the masses... and nothing even remotely resembling freedom at all.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:35 PM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by armor99 View Post
I am watching... and I am waiting. This little drama was predicted years ago.... a book that shall remain nameless is litterally happening. ..."Well... what if people do not want to do what the govt says is in their best interest?"

"That should not happen... I mean the govt has everyones interests in mind. You cannot think just of yourself on these things, that would be selfish, you have to think about the big picture..and everyone else."

"But what if people decide not to give back those bonuses, or they decide to quit instead, or what if people after all of this decide to keep spending and not saving like they should?"

"Well then... we need to FORCE them too... we need to MAKE them do what needs to be done for the good of everyone else!!!!"

And after that last statement, the person that utters it will gasp, go pale, and look very frightened, because only then will they really understand the ultimate endgame of where their philisophy leads. It is to bondage and subjugation of the few by the masses... and nothing even remotely resembling freedom at all.
Ohm, you are way too negative!

Old 03-18-2009, 05:58 PM   #9
Give me a forum ...

I too am watching and waiting - the Saint's WILL make the Superbowl in my lifetime.

My patience will be rewarded - you'll see, just you wait and see!

In the meantime a little pssst Wellesley - SEC yield, a few Norwegian stocks, balanced index - defense and offense - badda bing, badda boom.

Sometimes miracles take a little patience.

heh heh heh - Nice to know they still have entertainment between football seasons. And yes I deliberately stirred the pot. .
Old 03-18-2009, 08:32 PM   #10
Give me a forum ...

Norwegian stocks--like Statoil?
And I don't care how big your truck is."
Ed_The_Gypsy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:37 PM   #11

Ha, were you trying to say um or were you doing a yogic, meditational ohm to help armor calm down?
Old 03-18-2009, 08:58 PM   #12
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
Ha, were you trying to say um or were you doing a yogic, meditational ohm to help armor calm down?
I mistyped, then when I looked at it I kind of liked it.

Let's try this one:

Old 03-18-2009, 09:34 PM   #13
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
I mistyped, then when I looked at it I kind of liked it.

Let's try this one:

NAM - MYO - HO - REN - GE - KYO

Question - is there some secret calming mojo in this one - I'm the last Democrat in the old family tree(reunion in Baja this year) plus even the women hit that stupid little white ball around.

I'm too old to switch parties or learn golf. Yes we can will start them foaming at the mouth and will not inspire me to attempt the game.

Ooooom and meditation - that's the ticket - especially for the California branch.

heh heh heh - 1.2 T, thats trillion action from the Feds says Yahoo today. Not to worry - we know what we're doing - right? . I'm going to have to take a break from the news - before I start getting dizzy.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:55 AM   #14

Can everyone take a chill pill for a day or two?
Its not that deep.

La tavola e il letto non hanno restrizioni.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:59 AM   #15
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

From Wargames:

"A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?"
Seems applicable to the financial mess.

Nice mellow tune this don't worry be happy. But keep pitchforks handy.