Study - Republican change to Medicare will force 54 y.o. to build up $182K!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give this thread 12 hours before Porky shows up. :cool:

Wouldn't the offshoot be if the plan isn't adopted then taxpayers will need to pay $182K for every 55 year old?

BTW, the CBO assumes that Ryan's plan will be less effective in holding down health costs ( I didn't realize medicare held down costs, I thought that was the problem?).
So they are projecting even higher health care costs, then if we stay on medicare.

The second thing they said, is that it puts more burden on the beneficiary.
Well duh! I think that's the point.
TJ

I'll give this thread 12 hours before Porky shows up. :cool:

Hope springs eternal. And this undoubtedly effects many ER hopefuls here.

As an Independent, I have to ask - so what is the D's plan? Ok, I got this....

“Congress needs to make sure Medicare is sustainable for seniors in the future and sustainable for taxpayers. We took a substantial step towards this goal through the Affordable Care Act,” said Miller.

Can someone explain how the "Affordable Care Act" helps make Medicare sustainable?

Wouldn't the offshoot be if the plan isn't adopted then taxpayers will need to pay $182K for every 55 year old?

That's how I see it. Seems like a shell game to claim otherwise. The money must come from somewhere. But maybe the OP can explain.

-ERD50

Last edited:
What's the alternative ?

National bankruptcy ?

In my view medicare just has to change. And those changes aren't going to be for the better.

Can someone explain how the "Affordable Care Act" helps make Medicare sustainable?

-ERD50
And if Obamacare is so good, why don't we add seniors to it as well...I'm just hoping to get to 55 before any law takes affect.
TJ

Makes me glad that I/DW are not under age 55 :LOL: ...

It's good to be old (and closer to the grave :whistle: ).

"so what is the D's plan?"

Fearmonger; deny there's a problem; blame Republicans when the problem implodes; continue to convince legions of uninformed, naive Americans to vote Democrat; continue to redistribute taxpayer funds into their own pockets and those of their cronies; and continue to pile lie upon lie upon lie upon lie...

The idea is that with a central bureaucracy developing best practices guidelines, everyone will be able to practice thrifty medicine. Also, there will be a controlled way of implementing the inevitable rationing that will have to take place. The Ryan plan does nothing to implement these guidelines, and simply cuts out the funding so that folks who don't have the cash will have to buy plans that are self-rationing in some way, all the way blowing extra cash for the profit for the insurance companies.

Can you imagine the train wreck that would be? Someone with a voucher but with no extra cash would be forced to by a plan that would limit care, and once that person has a life or death condition that would not be covered under than limited plan, he would just be left to DIE.

Current seniors understand this - that's why they are not buying into the Republican's cynical divide and conquer strategy, since they don't want their children to be left w/o Medicare as we know it.

PR101 said:

Fearmonger; deny there's a problem; blame Republicans when the problem implodes; continue to convince legions of uninformed, naive Americans to vote Democrat; continue to redistribute taxpayer funds into their own pockets and those of their cronies; and continue to pile lie upon lie upon lie upon lie...

Glad we straightened that out...

"How about Eisenhower era confiscatory taxes on the wealthy?"

Talk about a "cynical divide and conquer strategy." Never mind that it won't work.

Well then, with both parties using the same plan, we're set!

/snip/

Current seniors understand this - that's why they are not buying into the Republican's cynical divide and conquer strategy, since they don't want their children to be left w/o Medicare as we know it.

Let me help out a bit in the 12 hour prediction....

There is NO WAY the children will have medicare as we know it today.... period... The dems say that, the repubs say that... now all they have to do it convice the taxpayers that think we can of that...

-ERD50

Sure... didn't you hear that they are going to cut medicare by $200 billion:confused: It is in the act....

Oh, and a big welcome to the Retire Early Campfire crowd coming over from the Motley Fool!

Found this in an opinion article....

"ObamaCare is imposing an upper limit spending growth on Medicare beginning in 2015 and that could be comparatively worse than a voucher system. The cap will initially be set at the midpoint between general inflation in the economy and inflation in the health sector. Starting in 2018, it will be set permanently at per capita-GDP growth, plus one percentage point. "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom