Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Suit filed against Health Bill
Old 03-24-2010, 10:49 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Suit filed against Health Bill

I have to get going to w*rk, but here's a link to start the ball rolling. My state's Attorney General is one of those who are filing suit. Let's hear from the Forum's legal eagles—what provisions of the recent health insurance overhaul are vulnerable to being struck down by the court, and how might the likely outcome of this suit affect the overall impact of the bill on ER?

Quote:
[Washington] State Attorney General Rob McKenna said Monday he'll join a lawsuit challenging the health-care overhaul

McKenna is among at least 10 state attorneys general who say they will sue, arguing the legislation's requirement that everyone purchase health insurance is an unconstitutional expansion of federal authority.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2010, 11:35 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Looks to be nothing more than a temper tantrum by a bunch of sore losers . . .

Health Care Law Judged Able to Withstand Legal Challenges, Scholars Say.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
gone traveling

Texas, Florida, Alabama, Colorado, Idaho, Louisiana, Michigan, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah and Washington are involved in the lawsuit-now 13 total. Other states are considering their options, and are expected to join or file legal challenges on their own. (not all of them are Red states, by the way- this is not just partisan politics. ) It is safe to assume that those states have all done their research and feel they have sufficient legal grounds for this action.

Funny what happens when legislation that goes against the will of the people gets rammed through with shady backroom deals, threats, questionable tactics, and without transparency. The Cook County political process isn't acceptable to most of the US.

What did people think was going to happen? This isn't about being sore losers; this is about correcting an egregious legislative malfeasance.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:07 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone4Good View Post
Looks to be nothing more than a temper tantrum by a bunch of sore losers . . .
:n onono:

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
Old 03-24-2010, 12:14 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westernskies View Post
(not all of them are Red states, by the way- this is not just partisan politics. )
You're right, only 12 of the 13 AG's are Republican.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westernskies View Post
Funny what happens when legislation that goes against the will of the people gets rammed through
Another baseless claim that's been repeated so often that it now passes as undisputed fact.

(that's 49% saying passing the bill is a good thing against 40% saying its not)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Poll.JPG (29.1 KB, 2 views)
Old 03-24-2010, 12:19 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone4Good View Post
You're right, only 12 of the 13 AG's are Republican.

Another baseless claim that's been repeated so often that it now passes as undisputed fact.

(that's 49% saying passing the bill is a good thing against 40% saying its not)
You know the joke about statistics, right? "There's LIES, DAMN LIES, and STATISTICS"!!

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
Old 03-24-2010, 12:21 PM   #7

This thread started circling the drain as soon as it was launched, so here it goes. A shame, really, because the legal aspects are potentially intriguing...

"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)

RIP to Reemy, my avatar dog (2003 - 9/16/2017)
Closed Thread