USA Inc. - If the US Fed Govt was a business!

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I ran across this accidently in a Bloomberg Businessweek magazine at work (Feb 28 issue). After reading an 8-page summary, I found it so interesting that I downloaded the whole 266 page report (you can read it online too). Best summary of where we stand financially and what the options are going forward that I can remember. It is deliberately not political, but there are clearly political implications left to the reader...
USA Inc.is a non-partisan report that looks at the U.S. federal government (and its financials) as if it were a business. Mary Meeker, partner at KPCB and former financial analyst at Morgan Stanley, created and compiled the report with the goal of informing the discussion about our financial situation and outlook. USA Inc. examines the country’s income statement and balance sheet, aiming to interpret the underlying data and facts, and illustrate patterns and trends in easy-to-understand ways. The report also analyzes the drivers of federal revenue and the history of expense growth, and discusses basic scenarios for how revenue and expense growth might change to help America move toward positive cash flow.

USA Inc. - If America was a Corporation Slideshow - BusinessWeek - BusinessWeek 13 page slide show

KPCB - USA Inc. #usainc full 266 page PPT

Attachments

• Bloomberg-272x300.jpg
    Bloomberg-272x300.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 84
If it were a business, this wouldn't be happening. It's a big difference between shareholders and taxpayers.

Not all aspects of government are suitable for being run "like a business," but some things (like "don't run it at a big loss year after year") should be.

I remember the first time I became aware of how the banking system and our national money system worked.... I was shocked.

Nothing real to it. It is a system held up by nothing more than a belief (i.e., confidence). This is true world wide!

We are all Lemmings! I hope the pattern of success continues (belief).

Back
Top Bottom