Join Early Retirement Today

Amazon Fire HD 10 for $64.99!
Old 03-31-2019, 04:08 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Amazon Fire HD 10 for $64.99!

Amazon Prime members can get a very sweet deal on the Fire HD 10 tablet, if you have an old device to trade in. The regular price is $149.99 but it is currently on sale for $99.99.

With a trade in (Kindle or Fire, IPad, or Galaxy Tab) you get an additional 25% off and a minimum credit of $10.00 (if the old device works and does not have a cracked screen) or $5.00 (if screen cracked and / or not working). Some models might be worth more. Final price = $99.99 - $25.00 - $10.00 = $64.99 with free prime shipping

I had a heavily-used three year old Fire HD8 with a major crack and battery life that could be measured in minutes. I printed a free shipping label from Amazon and used an old Amazon box to ship it in. Just dropped it off at a UPS Store. My credit was just $5.00 so I paid $69.99 for the new one.

The Fire HD 10 has a 10" screen, faster processor and more memory. Fire tablets have a few quirks - you have to side-load the Google Play store app, and I find Alexa annoying. Overall though it's a great tablet for internet surfing and watching movies on Amazon Prime or Netflix while we're travelling.

Here's the link to the Amazon page:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Brian

BrianB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2019, 04:10 PM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets

Brian, we haven't used the Fire tablet. How is it for reading e-books? I loathe the new Kindle 10.

zippy2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:18 PM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

Zippy: You're referring to a Kindle Reader, not the Kindle Fire HD 10 Android tablet, right?

Amazon includes a Kindle app on their Fire tablets, so I think the interface is going to be similar. I've never owned a Kindle Reader but the display on the Fire HD 10 is very good unless you're in bright sunlight. I've also found a lot of good free books & magazines through the Amazon Prime library. Thousands of titles are free for downloading, new ones added every week.
BrianB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:24 PM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

Sorry, yes - I was indeed referring to the Kindle reader app and using it on the Fire HD. Thx so much for the fast reply!
zippy2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 02:50 PM   #5
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Looks like I missed the deal. Drat...

Old men and women sit in the shade of trees they planted long ago
SumDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 04:17 PM   #6
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumDay View Post
Looks like I missed the deal. Drat...
I'm still seeing that deal when following that link.

It looks like you have to have Prime membership. Maybe you're not Prime??
RetiredAt55.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 05:11 PM   #7
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredAt55.5 View Post
I'm still seeing that deal when following that link.

It looks like you have to have Prime membership. Maybe you're not Prime??
Yes, I am. I was shopping from my phone, which performed a software upgrade this afternoon which logged me out of Amazon. I'm on my computer now and can see the deal. Thanks!

Old men and women sit in the shade of trees they planted long ago
SumDay is offline   Reply With Quote