Join Early Retirement Today

Any deals on Apple TV?
Old 08-03-2019, 04:48 PM   #1

Any deals on Apple TV?

Are there ever any deals on Apple TV? Iím looking at the 4K 32GB version. It retails for $179 and Best Buy has it for $10 off. Not a good sale, but if itís like most Apple products, deals are hard to come by. Should I just go buy it or, does anyone believe it will get lower in price anytime soon?

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2019, 05:02 PM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

Yes, it's called Roku.

njhowie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 05:11 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Costco has it for $169.99 - I guess same deal as Best Buy.
Old 08-03-2019, 05:23 PM   #4

If you can hold out until Thanksgiving Black Friday/Cyber Monday I am certain you'll see the 4K for $149 or better.
Old 08-03-2019, 05:30 PM   #5
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I got my 4K Apple TV for $0 as part of a buy 3 months of Direct TV now and get it (the Apple TV). Total cost was about $110 for the three months of service. (This was last year.)

I see they again ran a similar deal in April.

I'm only bringing this up as a possible 'future' deal (assuming you don't mind using direct tv now)
copyright1997reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 05:48 PM   #6

Sellers on walmart.com have refurb for $144.95 including free 2 day shipping:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Refurbish...32GB/853843626

If you go directly to the seller's website (tetchytech.com) they are selling it for $149.95 with the free shipping, but you can choose A-GRADE or B-GRADE (though the price appears the same). If you go to their homepage and sign up for their email newsletter, they'll give you $5 off.

https://www.tetchytech.store/product...29376644743255

The other seller is VIPOUTLET and they give a $10 coupon (use code 10vipfirst). They have the 4K A-GRADE for $144.49 and B-GRADE for $118.63, both with free shipping.

https://vipoutlet.com/product/apple-...-a-tv-4k-32gb/

https://vipoutlet.com/product/apple-...-a-tv-4k-32gb/
Old 08-03-2019, 06:02 PM   #7

And there are plenty on eBay for $120-$150 with free shipping.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by njhowie View Post
Yes, it's called Roku.
Have Roku on the other TV, but I really want to be able to mirror my iPad on my TV. Apple TV does that better than any other option Iím aware of.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry1 View Post
Have Roku on the other TV, but I really want to be able to mirror my iPad on my TV. Apple TV does that better than any other option I’m aware of.
I understand, simply tongue in cheek.

From what I can see on the B-Grade at VIPOUTLET, the only issue appears to be that cosmetically it may have some scuffs/scratches, but functionally it is fine. For $106.77 total (using the coupon code) before sales tax, it might be worth a shot - they give you 90 day warranty and 30 days to return with free return shipping also included if you decide you don't want it.
Old 08-03-2019, 07:20 PM   #10

I might give that a shot. Not too worried what it looks like especially where it will be sitting. I’ll look into it. Thanks.
Old 08-03-2019, 08:28 PM   #11

There's always Apple's refurb store, although they don't currently have any 4k models.
GalaxyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 09:20 AM   #12

Think I’m just going to go to Costco. The refurbs don’t have the latest (Siri) remote and the grade A refurb isn’t discounted enough to make it worth it. The warranty is only 90 days versus one year. And the cost is $144 versus $170. Of course the real reason is I don’t want to wait any longer and I’ll be at Costco today
Old 08-05-2019, 10:57 AM   #13
Recycles dryer sheets

Our 2017 Samsung TV’s all got a firmware update which allows us to use AirPlay 2 on them. We can mirror our iPads and iPhones to the TV directly. I have a previous generation Apple TV, but do not like the remote, so when Costco had the Roku Ultra on sale for $49 during the Black Friday sale, I bought three. It isn’t as fancy as the Apple TV, but the remote is 100% better for me. I would just use the built-in smart TV functions, but the Netflix controls on the TV are clunky and there are a couple streaming apps that I watch which are unavailable on the Samsung.
T-Minus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 11:39 AM   #14

Some services will give you an Apple TV if you subscribe to like 3 months of streaming account.

But it's coming up on 2 years for the Apple TV 4K.

Speculation is they will release a new model, especially since they're streaming their own original content later this year.
explanade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 11:53 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry1 View Post
Have Roku on the other TV, but I really want to be able to mirror my iPad on my TV. Apple TV does that better than any other option Iím aware of.
If you are only wanting to mirror your iPad, you don't need the latest greatest Apple TV. Both the Apple TV 4K Apple TV HD are currently sold new by Apple, but if you look around you can find the previous generation, known as gen 3 which can't run the latest Apple TV software (no downloadable apps. etc.) The gen 3 Apple TV is still a fine target for mirroring any iOS device or Mac.

I have one hooked up to an older TV for this very purpose. It works fine. Of course it's 1080p max, no 4K resolution.

There are many available used and I saw one on Amazon as "Apple TV MD199LL/A (Renewed)" for $99. You can find them elsewhere even cheaper.

mpeirce is offline   Reply With Quote