Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Best Live TV Streaming Services for Cord Cutters in 2018
Old 09-22-2018, 06:00 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Best Live TV Streaming Services for Cord Cutters in 2018

I know there are older threads, but a lot of that info is woefully out of date now. Here is easily the best comprehensive summary of what’s available today in the live TV streaming arena that I’ve seen. Unlike on demand streaming like Netflix, Hulu, etc. - these are legitimate replacements for cable or satellite. There are some free live TV streaming apps now like Pluto TV, but they don’t offer quite as much mainstream network TV and no locals.

The improvements and changes in the live TV streaming space in the last 12-18 months are astonishing, and what’s available where you live may vary from others.

If you want a LOT of good info in one place, here it is

https://www.fomopop.com/guides/live-tv-streaming
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C8B509EE-9129-4FDD-820D-D5827C45346C.jpg (373.0 KB, 60 views)

Target AA: 50% equity funds / 45% bonds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 1.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2018, 08:30 AM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets

Here’s the best comparison site I’ve found: https://www.suppose.tv/tv

Helped me find the exact best package for my needs at the lowest price. Good luck!
T-Minus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 12:06 PM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I just signed contract for Bluespan Wireless and will be terminating Cox. Am looking at Youtube TV as I like the Tennis channel. I also have an Amazon Fire Stick and will be looking at adding on BritBox.

I had called Cox and my bundle had gone up again by $20 to $140.mo - I don't use the phone, I'm watching probably 6 channels of their lineup and I use the Wifi. I asked about Wifi only and it was about $100-$110/mo....I told them I was going to look at other options - the salesguy was honest and told me they did not have any other 'specials' at this time. So, it's no more Cox....
Old 09-24-2018, 04:33 PM   #4
Gone but not forgotten

Live in these broadcast areas?

New York, Boston, Chicago,Houston, Dallas, Denver

New and free... not free trial.

https://www.locast.org

We're 90 miles away from Chicago, but considered in the broadcast area.

Enough for us to make the change from DirecTV and save $1300 a year.

Understanding the federal rules about free access to antenna TV helped to decide about making the change. Locast is hi def.. internet not antenna.
Old 09-24-2018, 05:16 PM   #5
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by imoldernu View Post
Live in these broadcast areas?

New York, Boston, Chicago,Houston, Dallas, Denver

New and free... not free trial.

https://www.locast.org

We're 90 miles away from Chicago, but considered in the broadcast area.

Enough for us to make the change from DirecTV and save $1300 a year.

Understanding the federal rules about free access to antenna TV helped to decide about making the change. Locast is hi def.. internet not antenna.
Like in Laugh-in. Very interesting.... .