Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-29-2019, 09:19 PM   #41
Full time employment: Posting here.

Wendover Productions. Smartly made and most interesting. You'll definitely enjoy if you take a look.

Nutritionfacts. I have two computers going. When the moderator flashes a study I click the pause button and type the study's name in the search bar on the other monitor. That way I can either read the whole study, or at the least, an abstract.

The Luxury Travel Expert--for me, it's eavesdropping on the wealthy.

Serpentza--this is a South African who has been living in China for several years, speaks the language and is married to a Chinese woman. The govt is cracking down on those who document life inside China, so I'm not sure if Serpentza is still in China. But his videos are real and he's just a normal guy who tells it like it is. He also has a partner/friend he does videos with while riding motorcycles.
Elbata is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2019, 06:27 AM   #42

Location: An island off the coast of Florida. (Ok - if you really need to know it's Vero Beach)
I am amazed at the talent and creativity by people posting adventures and how things work on You Tube.

This weekend, we used You Tube to find out and perform eclectic things like cleaning our dryer vent and replacing a voltage regulator on DS ML350. Of course you have to watch several to find the best techniques of DIY to avoid producer bias.

Convinced that with You Tube, a razor blade, mirror, whiskey, needle and thread I could remove my own appendix unassisted.

Not currently a brewer, but this one is kinda cool.

DW and I are 62/62. 100% equities 31 years. FIRE'd August 2019. Non-cola pension cashed out Dec 2022 before segmentation rates reduced balance - rolled to MM fund, max SS for DH and DW at FRA. Mega retiree health available. IRA rollover from 401k Jan 2020 for NUA treatment. LTCG for 3 years. Next few years will be IRA cash withdrawals or until Stock Market recovers. AA 33% stocks, 67% MM and T-Bills. Rising equity glidepath.
atmsmshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:36 AM   #43
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmsmshr View Post
Convinced that with You Tube, a razor blade, mirror, whiskey, needle and thread I could remove my own appendix unassisted.
Looking at videos of people playing with lithium batteries, I have seen things done that make me cringe. It's not that they are daredevils who willingly take risks, but ignorant people who do not understand that what they do will lead to catastrophic failures down the road.

There are always more knowledgeable commenters who warn them, but these are often dismissed.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:12 AM   #44
Recycles dryer sheets

I really enjoy watching Scotty Kilmer on YouTube. He's all about the nuts and bolts of cars and their maintenance: https://www.youtube.com/user/scottykilmer/about
This is the people's automotive channel! The most honest and funniest car channel on YouTube. Never any sponsored content, just the truth about everything! Learn how to fix your car and how it works. Get a chance to show off your own car on Sundays. Or show off your own car mod on Wednesdays. Tool giveaways every Monday to help you with your own car projects. We have a new video every day! I've been an auto mechanic for the past 50 years and I'm here to share my knowledge with you.
plsprius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 06:11 AM   #45

There’s a channel called Reserve Channel. They have a show called Ex-Pats, hosted by Savannah Jane Buffet, that I really enjoy...
Old 07-07-2019, 08:21 PM   #46
Recycles dryer sheets

Some of my favorites:

Mustie1 – Repairs, restores, refurbishes all kinds of motors, vehicles, garden equipment, power tools, etc. Instructional and fun to watch.
CruisingTheCut – Life aboard a narrowboat on the UK canal network.
Harry Rogers – Leather work, green woodworking and related crafts.
gettingthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 04:04 PM   #47
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

See the world video series.
15 min synopsis and link to complete playlist -

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...O9JXuCONU_p4nM
bjorn2bwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:25 PM   #48
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbata View Post
Serpentza--this is a South African who has been living in China for several years, speaks the language and is married to a Chinese woman. The govt is cracking down on those who document life inside China, so I'm not sure if Serpentza is still in China. But his videos are real and he's just a normal guy who tells it like it is. He also has a partner/friend he does videos with while riding motorcycles.
I recently stumbled across this guy's videos, and then his partner's ones. Serpentza's friend is American, and also has a Chinese wife.

They both have been recently making videos that would not be well received in China, particularly by the mainland government.

Whatever their motive for posting these videos, they would not be safe there now, as there is no freedom of speech in China. I don't think they are still in China, but wonder about their wives' whereabout, and their safety.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:22 AM   #49
Recycles dryer sheets

hickok45
Loony tunes classic
DemolitionRanch
Lots of various music videos
loads of how to videos
nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:45 AM   #50
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
hickok45
Loony tunes classic
DemolitionRanch
Lots of various music videos
loads of how to videos
I watch a lot of hickok45's videos.
Old 07-09-2019, 06:54 AM   #51

Currently watching C&Rsenal. Seems to have two primary programs, Primer and Anvil. Primer provides historical context to old firearms, recently small arms of the Great War; Anvil is gunsmithing done on relics. I’m enjoying them both quite a bit.

The democratization of media is the real miracle of the 21st century, imho.
Old 07-09-2019, 05:28 PM   #52
Recycles dryer sheets

Doug DeMuro - Automotive reviews
Jay Leno's Garage - More automotive stuff from Jay

Samcrac - Rebuilding totaled cars
Don't Walk, Run! - Politics
Team Coco - Conan O Brian, funny
Pointby2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 06:35 PM   #53
Recycles dryer sheets

PassionHD
TN_INVEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 07:08 PM   #54
Recycles dryer sheets

Search for Fleming Yachts on YouTube. National Geographic quality adventures. Enjoy.
conversationalphrase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 07:08 PM   #55
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
I watch a lot of hickok45's videos.
+1
conversationalphrase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 07:09 PM   #56

My current favorites:

1. Timcast
2. Joe Rogan
3. New Thinking Allowed
4. The Rubin Report
5. A bunch of low-carb and carnivore channels
6. Greenred Productions
7. Terrence Popp
8. Fox News
ER Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 01:32 AM   #57
Dryer sheet aficionado

"great canal journeys" An octagenarian English couple cruising on canal boats mostly in Europe, but also all over the world. It's a British television show (channel 4 I think) but lots of the content is on YouTube.
movingrightalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:28 PM   #58

Ushanka Show - a Russian immigrant to America who grew up in Ukraine while it was under Soviet rule describes what life was like there under a centrally planned economy, and how it compares to life in America.
GrayHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:33 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
My interests vary with time. You never know what you will find on Youtube.

The other day, I watched one guy making vacuum tubes by hand.

Recently, I found an Englishman speaking Russian fluently who ventured into the remote areas of Belarus and Moldova. Quite a different travel video than tourists going to Barcelona, Rome, or Paris.
As far as the Englishman who goes to Eastern Europe that sounds like Bald and Bankrupt. I am a subscriber. I wouldn't be surprised if he has over a million subscribers by the end of the year and quite possibly before then. He is that popular. Mr. Bald has Russian language skills I can only dream about.

The first rule of compounding: Never interupt it unnecessarily. Charlie Munger
UnrealizedPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:30 AM   #60

NASATV - Sometimes I tweet at the astronauts in the ISS, I think it's neat...sometimes they tweet back

ArmedForcesUpdate - Hoorah!
US Military News - Burn n turn

Treadmill TV - What can I say, I like running in exotic locale
BodyRock - For my wellness

KeepYourDayDream - Full Time RV'ers with a few kids and a dog... good family fun

The Sailing Frenchmen - Crazy a$ french dude sailing around the world

Gone with the Wynns - To remind me I don't want to live on a boat full time

and the best for last...
Yachting with the Grandys - My failed attempt at launching my own YT career