Favorite TV series of your lifetime.

+1 Star Trek, Mash
Big Bang Theory
Northern Exposure
Fawlty Towers

Assuming you can call this a TV series The Walt Disney show, or what ever similarly named show it actually was.

To see a cartoon animated Disney production you had to go to the movie theatre or watch that. I got a kick out of Walt having conversations with the characters.

I have watched almost every episode, of every season of SURVIVOR which will be in it's 39th season (2 each year) later this year.. I love seeing the tropical locations, and pretty girls.

Kung Fu! I loved the flashback life lessons told by Master Kan (Philip Ahn) and Master Po (Keye Luke).

The Fugitive from the 60's. Modern day - The Sopranos and Boston Legal

I almost forgot the 80's - St. Elsewhere

GoT wasn't the "best" but it was probably the most entertaining over the long haul
Seinfeld, hands down the best 30 minute sit com, Fawlty Towers close, but not as many of them.
The recent BBC Sherlock series reboot is soooo good, each episode like a movie. Similar with Luther.

Lately, TV is getting so good I imagine today's lists will be surpassed in a few year.

All of the Saturday morning cartoons from the 60's as well as all of the after school shows. Adams Family, Munsters, Partridge Family, Monkeys, Hogans Heros etc
"take me back mr wizzard!"

Speed Racer, Land of the Lost.....

I have watched almost every episode, of every season of SURVIVOR which will be in it's 39th season (2 each year) later this year.. I love seeing the tropical locations, and pretty girls.

Us too. Missed one season finale due to forgetfulness. The scenery (girls included) is worth the time.

The series "24". I caught unto it late in the series and binge watched a whole season in a weekend.
Loved Cheers and Get Smart too.

+1 for 24! It was amazing how much you could accomplish in one day!

Friends, Big Bang Theory, Seinfeld, Breaking Bad.

For those mentioning '24'. That was one of my favorite shows but I think it would have benefited greatly from the bindge-watching tread now. That show would have been way better if you didn't have to wait a week to go to the next hour.

91E%2BJoEr06L._SL1500_.jpg

I forgot about Star Trek TOS - it would be on the list and for most rewatched that would likely be it.

I could never watch it after the first season when the scheming conniving guy won over the straight shooter. Nice guys finish last, even on reality TV. Too much reality for me.

Nobody mentioned All in the Family? It still airs once in a while on a local TV station. I watched it in the 1970s but wasn't quite old enough to get all the jokes. In the 1980s, it was in syndication and aired in every weekday morning when I was away at college, so I caught up on the humor. More recently, I get a laugh out of many of the dated jokes and clothing. And Archie's true prediction in an episode circa 1976: "And you're gonna get Regan (Reagan) in '80!"

Add me to the list of Star Trek (The original series) fans, which airs weekly on MeTV, a cable TV station. They digitally remastered some of the visual effects about 10 years ago, so even though I've seen every episode dozens of time, I am still seeing some moments for the "first" time!

And, of course, Seinfeld.

I always thought the Rockford Files were the only realistic depiction of a PI's life...a guy scuffling for a living, getting beat up on a regular basis by the bad guys' henchmen, can't ever catch a break.

Still finds what happiness he can in helping clients, occasionally getting lucky with women out of his league, and going fishing with his dad.

The Sopranos is my hands-down #1.

Runners-up: Mad Men, Six Feet Under, Deadwood, The Simpsons, Dexter, Halt and Catch Fire, Seinfeld, Star Trek (TOS)

I saw so many shows in this list that had me emphatically saying "yes!", but there's one I didn't see that I dearly loved:

Six Feet Under (HBO)

On occasion, I watch the series finale. The music and the preview into their collective futures really stuck with me. Off to see if I can find it right now.

Back
Top Bottom