How To Restore The Green Lock on Firefox

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Falls in the can't teach an old dog (me) new tricks category. I went ahead and toggled my Firefox browser to how things were before the so-called "improvements" :(.

Mozilla's Firefox web browser used to display a green padlock icon in the browser's address bar when secure sites were opened in the browser. Additionally, the browser would display extended information for sites with EV (Extended Validation) certificates.

Mozilla launched a change recently in Firefox that changed the green padlock icon to a gray icon and removed the EV certificate information from the browser's address bar entirely.
One of the issues with the approach is that generations of Internet users have been trained to look for these locks in the address bar to verify that the connection is secure. While that is still possible as the gray padlock icon indicates a secure connection, some may prefer to get the green icon restored instead as it provides a better visual indicator.
https://www.ghacks.net/2019/10/28/how-to-restore-the-green-lock-icon-in-firefoxs-address-bar/

Back
Top Bottom