Multi-users on iPad

I agree with others - get two iPads. Once you have one, you’ll be amazed how much you use it. DH and I both use ours every day.

iPads don't replace MacBooks. Not for us.

I can't run my Quicken or Turbotax on them, and I don't care to do spreadsheets on them either. It's a different animal, IMO.

I run TurboTax on my iPad.

We bought one ipad. Not long after we bought a second. I just replaced mine. Prices for the base ipads have dropped substantially thanks to competition. We find them invaluable for travel.

I'm not sure you can use the Pencil at all on the basic $329 iPad.

The iPad Pro is expensive, esp. if you need a lot of storage for pictures and art. But it's well suited for viewing video, with the 2 or 4 speakers and better quality screen.

But I've heard some people compare the iPad Pro and the Pencil combination to expensive Wacom or Cintiq drawing tablets.

For streaming video, you could also use a cheap laptop but it's obviously easier to take the iPad around the house than a laptop.

BTW, I'm not sure you can have more than one iCloud account active on a Mac or a PC either.

You can have multiple user accounts but not sure about multiple iCloud accounts.

Unless you need specific apps for the woodworking, if all you want to watch is video, maybe a Fire tablet is okay for that, to go with the iPad Pro for the wife who wants to draw.

Back
Top Bottom