Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

PS Vue price increase....time to switch?
Old 07-02-2019, 08:21 AM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

PS Vue price increase....time to switch?

Just received the following email from PS Vue and starting to think it may be time to shop around again. Any other PS Vue users having similar thoughts?

Quote:
We have made the following recent changes:

Increased Access, Core, Elite, and Ultra monthly package price by $5. As an existing customer, you will keep your current price for a minimum of 30 days. The new price will be reflected on your next billing cycle on or after July 31, 2019.

Added channels to the lineup, including CuriosityStream, beIN Sports, BabyFirst, and moved Tennis Channel to a wider audience.
As always, PS Vue includes must-have features like a VOD library with thousands of titles, a powerful cloud DVR, up to five simultaneous streams, and 10 profiles at no additional charge.

Seize the day....Soli Deo gloria
Carpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2019, 08:24 AM   #2

Oops, just saw this same info in the Cord Cutting thread.

Mods, feel free to delete this thread.

Old 07-02-2019, 11:30 AM   #3

Even with the $5 extra, I still think PS Vue offers the best comprehensive package. Quality picture, 5 streams, 10 profiles, DVR, locals, best channel lineup.

So far my PS Vue has gone up $15 and my Cable Internet has gone up $20 in the past 3 years. Inflation!. Going on 3.5 years with PS Vue now. My, time flies.
bloom2708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 11:44 AM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom2708 View Post
Even with the $5 extra, I still think PS Vue offers the best comprehensive package. Quality picture, 5 streams, 10 profiles, DVR, locals, best channel lineup.

So far my PS Vue has gone up $15 and my Cable Internet has gone up $20 in the past 3 years. Inflation!. Going on 3.5 years with PS Vue now. My, time flies.
+1 PS Vue is the best offering, particularly for the price.
TheRunningMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 11:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom2708 View Post
Even with the $5 extra, I still think PS Vue offers the best comprehensive package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRunningMan View Post
+1 PS Vue is the best offering, particularly for the price.
Thanks for this feedback. I haven't started researching alternatives yet so maybe I won't bother. I've been very satisfied with PS Vue and hey, it's still cheaper than the $150/mth I was paying Dish.

Old 07-02-2019, 12:02 PM   #6
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I posted same in the Cord Cutting thread.

That puts us at $55/month for PS Vue Core. No cable or satellite package comes anywhere close to that for 3 HD TV’s w DVR, mobile viewing, and a similar channel lineup even at teaser rates much less after those rates expire. Still a no-brainer for us. DirecTV, AT&T and Spectrum don’t even try to sell us when we tell the we have PS Vue. Dish was $96/mo with discounts when we dumped them in Feb 2018, and asking for another price increase.

But for a one TV home, I gather cable and satellite can be competitive. That’s the only situation where the teaser rates might actually apply?

Target AA: 50% equity funds / 45% bonds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 1.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is offline   Reply With Quote