PS Vue price increase....time to switch?

Carpediem

Full time employment: Posting here.
Just received the following email from PS Vue and starting to think it may be time to shop around again. Any other PS Vue users having similar thoughts?

We have made the following recent changes:

Increased Access, Core, Elite, and Ultra monthly package price by $5. As an existing customer, you will keep your current price for a minimum of 30 days. The new price will be reflected on your next billing cycle on or after July 31, 2019.

Added channels to the lineup, including CuriosityStream, beIN Sports, BabyFirst, and moved Tennis Channel to a wider audience.
As always, PS Vue includes must-have features like a VOD library with thousands of titles, a powerful cloud DVR, up to five simultaneous streams, and 10 profiles at no additional charge.

Oops, just saw this same info in the Cord Cutting thread.

Mods, feel free to delete this thread.

Even with the $5 extra, I still think PS Vue offers the best comprehensive package. Quality picture, 5 streams, 10 profiles, DVR, locals, best channel lineup.

So far my PS Vue has gone up $15 and my Cable Internet has gone up $20 in the past 3 years. Inflation!. Going on 3.5 years with PS Vue now. My, time flies.

Even with the $5 extra, I still think PS Vue offers the best comprehensive package. Quality picture, 5 streams, 10 profiles, DVR, locals, best channel lineup.

So far my PS Vue has gone up $15 and my Cable Internet has gone up $20 in the past 3 years. Inflation!. Going on 3.5 years with PS Vue now. My, time flies.

+1 PS Vue is the best offering, particularly for the price.

Even with the $5 extra, I still think PS Vue offers the best comprehensive package.

+1 PS Vue is the best offering, particularly for the price.

Thanks for this feedback. I haven't started researching alternatives yet so maybe I won't bother. I've been very satisfied with PS Vue and hey, it's still cheaper than the $150/mth I was paying Dish.

I posted same in the Cord Cutting thread.

That puts us at $55/month for PS Vue Core. No cable or satellite package comes anywhere close to that for 3 HD TV’s w DVR, mobile viewing, and a similar channel lineup even at teaser rates much less after those rates expire. Still a no-brainer for us. DirecTV, AT&T and Spectrum don’t even try to sell us when we tell the we have PS Vue. :D Dish was $96/mo with discounts when we dumped them in Feb 2018, and asking for another price increase.

But for a one TV home, I gather cable and satellite can be competitive. That’s the only situation where the teaser rates might actually apply?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom