Tracfone is Better Now

I re-upped with TracFone yesterday (had a balance of ~1700 minutes to carryover): $100 for 365 days/400 minutes; added on another 365 days for $50 (2 years total extension), with a promo code--total of $150.83/or about $6.30/month. I haven't needed more than 500-700 minutes per year the past few years. (I use my phone only for calls and very few texts, no WiFi.) See here for bonus codes: https://tracfonereviewer.blogspot.com/p/tracfone-promo-codes.html

I have read that the $49 one year add on appears, disappears based on the browser you use. Chrome was recommended. Now, I am only repeating what I read on another forum and can’t confirm this. But hey, maybe worth a try.

Yes, I can confirm that. It's available to me when I use Chrome. I've also learned that you can pay the $9.99 for airtime, then, at checkout, add 365 days, and then remove the $9.99!

Tracfone also currently offers a couple of cheap smartphones for $50 plus tax on eBay.

1200 minutes/texts & 1200MB data with 1 year of service.

In the past, I'd buy $9.99 worth of airtime, but then, at checkout, pay $49 to have a year of airtime added.

That option is no longer available. Now it seems that the best deal would be $125 for 365 service days, 1500 minutes, 1,500 texts, 1.5 Gig data.

I guess they figured out how to sock it to those like us, who only need maybe 100 minutes a year.
Over a few years I've accumulated many unused minutes, text, data on my 3X tracfone (purchased from Walmart in 2015 or so). I keep our old landline on the tracfone, so we have a spare phone.
I noticed that the 365 service add-on was difficult to find. What I did was add a year of voice-text-data for $99. The add-on service appeared as an option in my cart. I deleted the $99 item, and was left with just the service extension for $50 plus change.

Over a few years I've accumulated many unused minutes, text, data on my 3X tracfone (purchased from Walmart in 2015 or so). I keep our old landline on the tracfone, so we have a spare phone.
I noticed that the 365 service add-on was difficult to find. What I did was add a year of voice-text-data for $99. The add-on service appeared as an option in my cart. I deleted the $99 item, and was left with just the service extension for $50 plus change.

Hmmmm, never thought of doing that.... but, I do use the minutes at times and have been getting low the last couple of years...

But I usually buy the cheap minutes and add the year so it is not that much more than just the year by itself...

Hmmmm, never thought of doing that.... but, I do use the minutes at times and have been getting low the last couple of years...

But I usually buy the cheap minutes and add the year so it is not that much more than just the year by itself...
Tracfone is flexible enough. Have hardly used this phone, so have 49 hours of talktime built up over a few years. 3000 texts. I remember when I paid .25 per minute in the 90's.
Wish I could donate to ya. Talk is cheap, they say.

Back
Top Bottom