Will & Grace? Hawaii Five-O? Murphy Brown? Magnum PI?

Bring back my favorite show from the 60's. "The Fugitive"
They tried that already. It bombed. The thing is the actors/actresses are different and it just isn't the same. Not even close. There is no way to remedy that.

I'm another one who likes Rockford Files. James Garner played a really likeable IMO character. Good cast to go along with all that. I thought the Angel character was a real piece of work. But he added another dimension to the show.

I've seen newer versions of redone shows. But again, there is just no filling that gap for replacing the original characters. Most of the time there is no way to recapture that original magic all those old shows had.

Last edited:
Speaking of James Garner,
I'm hoping for Maverick reruns come to MeTV, CozI or GetTv.
Only saw two or three episodes.

I did watch the Magnum PI reboot last night. Jury is out but it may have some promise... time will tell... I like the new Higgins... she'll be an interesting addition to the show.

I also watched Manifest... interesting story premise... we'll have to see how that one goes too.

Speaking of James Garner,
I'm hoping for Maverick reruns come to MeTV, CozI or GetTv.
Only saw two or three episodes.

They've been on MeTV for a while. Saturday mornings 10:00 Eastern time

Maybe your local station is pre-empting them for something locally oriented. Here the local station pre-empts Lost in Space on Sat evenings for local news and a MN Vikings pre-game build-up show

A couple folks mentioned Lost in Space. Netflix did a reboot that I loved. Can’t wait for season 2. The Dr. Smith character is a woman and she is really good. It is really a whole new take on the idea and we’ll done imho.

Just watched Magnum after recording last night. I thought it was pretty bad.

Manifest was interesting, but I'll bet it's yet another of these shows that gets canceled before we find out what's going on.

So are...

Magnum.... not sure... surprised they killed off someone so soon... like Higgins, but this is a 50/50 after one episode... might end up like McGyver where I watched maybe 5 before I stopped...

Manifest looks interesting... if it continues it is a keeper... I hope they develop the story in a good way...

Just finished New Amsterdam and this does look like a winner...

A few more new ones to take a look at, and some of these might lose out if there are better ones... I cannot watch everything...

Watched Magnum last night, might be ok, have to watch a few others.
But at this rate they'll run out of red Ferraris pretty soon!

I also watched Manifest... interesting story premise... we'll have to see how that one goes too.

I watched it too. Might have a little Twilight Zone touch to it. Not sure I will stick with it but will watch another episode to decide.

Watched Magnum, and I think it was terrible. I would *really* like that hour of my life back. But, any hope I had for it was dashed when the cast members failed to shave their facial hair or get a hair cut when getting back in their military uniforms for the funeral...grrrr.

I did see that the ratings were pretty terrible, so not sure how long it'll hang around.

Watched Magnum, and I think it was terrible. I would *really* like that hour of my life back. But, any hope I had for it was dashed when the cast members failed to shave their facial hair or get a hair cut when getting back in their military uniforms for the funeral...grrrr.

I did see that the ratings were pretty terrible, so not sure how long it'll hang around.

And the new Magnum gets promoted to O-4!

(IIRC, Selleck's Magnum was only a lieutenant in the first season)

Just watched the new Murphy Brown last night and loved it, I thought it was hilarious. I liked the fact that many of the old characters are back. Candace Bergan looks and sounds great. My only complaint is that it is only a half hour show, I was disappointed when it was over so quickly.

I also always enjoyed "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" though it was reruns when I first saw them.
Rodd Sterling was a local boy so "The Twilight Zone" has a special place for us.

The Twilight Zone actually gets regurgitated every so often. CBS brought it back in the fall of '85, when nostalgia for such things was starting to ramp up. In a similar vein, NBC dusted off "Alfred Hitchcock Presents", where they took his old openings and closings and colorized them, but shot new stories. Many of the stories were re-do's from the old show, but I think there were a few new episodes, as well. Anyway, I think the Twilight Zone made it two seasons, got canned, and then picked up for syndication with a bunch of new episodes shot.

Then, some years later, another Twilight Zone reboot was done, with Forrest Whittaker filling in for Rod Serling as the narrator. Then, there's been other variants, such as "Tales from the Dark Side", "Tales from The Crypt", "Night Visions", etc, which are essentially Twilight Zone type stories, just under a different name.

I had the opposite reaction to watching Murphy Brown, I thought it was a tired, predictable rehash. But it may appeal to Boomers, and they’re probably the biggest group still watching TV anyway?

Back
Top Bottom