Join Early Retirement Today

Wireless Mouse Suggestions
Old 01-11-2018, 10:42 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Wireless Mouse Suggestions

I could spend hours researching this....or just ask seek advice from the wise members here.

I have a laptop with a touchpad that I find awkward and prefer a mouse but the wired one I am using is a tangled mess.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2018, 10:47 AM   #2

If you're using a Mac, I love the Magic Mouse 2.
I've used one for years. The flexibility of a trackpad and the ease of a mouse.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:49 AM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

Logitech 325. If you don’t care about color or silly design, Amazon has for as little as 10.90. If you have giant hands it could be a little too small.
foxcreek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:29 AM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxcreek9 View Post
Logitech 325. If you don’t care about color or silly design, Amazon has for as little as 10.90. If you have giant hands it could be a little too small.

YUGE!
Old 01-11-2018, 11:56 AM   #5
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxcreek9 View Post
I use an older model but Logitech 325 or the updated model will be my next buy when mine stops working.
savory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:58 PM   #6

The little Logitechs are really nice. Fit my hand well and small enough to throw in the laptop bag. Any office supply store will have them. If the price point is too high note the model number and order online

I think I have the M185
Scrapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:11 PM   #7
Give me a forum ...

I have a Logitech M185 mouse and K270 keyboard...I got them as a set at least 6 months ago and in spite of heavy daily use haven't had to change batteries in either. They also have a nice long range and they have worked flawlessly from day 1.
Music Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:15 PM   #8

Logitech M705. You can use this high-performance mouse with either one or two AA batteries, depending on how light you want it to be. Fits small-medium sized hands well. I use a NiMH rechargeable battery.
HI Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:26 PM   #9
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Lover View Post
I have a Logitech M185 mouse and K270 keyboard...I got them as a set at least 6 months ago and in spite of heavy daily use haven't had to change batteries in either. They also have a nice long range and they have worked flawlessly from day 1.

Do the mouse and keyboard use separate USB ports?
Old 01-11-2018, 02:35 PM   #10

I use the Logitech Mini Mouse - M187. It is not BT and requires a USB dongle (supplied).
CRLLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:37 PM   #11
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz4cash View Post
Do the mouse and keyboard use separate USB ports?
No, just one USB for both.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:44 PM   #12
Give me a forum ...

I love my Logitech M515 "couch mouse". Works well on about any surface. Unfortunately they don't make it anymore. Anyone know of anything similar that works on the arm of a couch and places like that so well?
RunningBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:13 PM   #13

I use the Logitech M510. I really like it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Tadpole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:42 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningBum View Post
I love my Logitech M515 "couch mouse". Works well on about any surface. Unfortunately they don't make it anymore. Anyone know of anything similar that works on the arm of a couch and places like that so well?
The wireless mice from both DW's and my laptops work great on the couch, on your knee, whatever. Mine is a Logitech (never knew that until I looked) but there's no number on it. I'm wondering if the old couch mouse was from when mice had rollers instead of lasers. Those didn't work well on cloth.

What I can't find any more is the old IBM thinkpads (and others) used to come with a little "pencil eraser" in the middle of the keyboard, between the home keys. You'd use it to push the pointer around just by giving it a little nudge in the right direction. It's by far the easiest pointing device for touch typists.

But since we're a dying breed, they don't make these any more. So I'm forced to a wireless mouse. The touch pads are worse than useless, they actually cause erratic pointer movements.
CaptTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 04:38 PM   #15
Full time employment: Posting here.

+1 on the Logitech recommendation. I use a docking station for my Windows laptop and a single USB dongle plugs into the docking station. I use the wireless mouse and keyboard along with a 27” monitor, so the whole setup feels like a desktop installation.
txtig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:22 PM   #16

Logitech makes many wireless mouses. I recently needed a new one and just bought a cheap M170 on ebay for about $7 delivered. Single AA and works great for simple web browsing and clicking stuff.

You can't spend yourself to prosperity.

Semi-Retired 7/1/16: working part-time (60%) for now [4/24/17 changed to 80%]
Retired Aug 2, 2017; age 53
38Chevy454 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:24 PM   #17
gone traveling

Apple Magic Mouse 2.
davebarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:24 PM   #18

Apple MM2 is awesome. Logitech makes good ones as well. I bought a $50, 2AAA battery one 10 years ago and it still works great. Just MM is better with the new iMac.
Now I'm gonna live in a world like that!" - World Like That, O.A.R.
nash031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:30 PM   #19
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtig View Post
+1 on the Logitech recommendation. I use a docking station for my Windows laptop and a single USB dongle plugs into the docking station. I use the wireless mouse and keyboard along with a 27” monitor, so the whole setup feels like a desktop installation.
Most TV's these days have HDMI and/or VGA inputs, so with a wireless keyboard and mouse it becomes very easy to use the TV as a computer as monitor. I still have a regular tower and made this post from my favourite TV watching chair using my 65" TV as the monitor.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:26 PM   #20
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptTom View Post
The wireless mice from both DW's and my laptops work great on the couch, on your knee, whatever. Mine is a Logitech (never knew that until I looked) but there's no number on it. I'm wondering if the old couch mouse was from when mice had rollers instead of lasers. Those didn't work well on cloth.

What I can't find any more is the old IBM thinkpads (and others) used to come with a little "pencil eraser" in the middle of the keyboard, between the home keys. You'd use it to push the pointer around just by giving it a little nudge in the right direction. It's by far the easiest pointing device for touch typists.

But since we're a dying breed, they don't make these any more. So I'm forced to a wireless mouse. The touch pads are worse than useless, they actually cause erratic pointer movements.
The couch mouse has a laser. The rollers were good until they got dirty.

I liked that little red pencil eraser too. Far better than the touch pad. I've turned mine off when I have a mouse connected. There's an option somewhere for that.
RunningBum is offline   Reply With Quote