My employer requires a determination a few wks before scheduled end of LOA, so I need to make a decision soon. I'm already vested in retirement plans (defined contribution, not pension), so that's not a consideration. If I go back, officially I need to give 6mo notice before I can terminate (ER). But that 6mo might give me a bit of reassurance that ACA (Obamacare) will roll-out as scheduled so I can buy HI beyond COBRA.
No it didn't take that long to decide! Not at all. I wanted to keep my options open, however.
When they shut down contributions to the pension program a few months after I had left, that pretty much sealed the deal for me. Wanted to make sure that DW was okay with it, however, and she needed time to get comfortable with the concept.
This community was started in 2002 as an alternative to a then fee only Motley Fool. The focus of the discussions is on topics related to early retirement and financial independence. The community is moderated to ensure a pleasant experience for our members.