New ER forums "feature" ?

Lsbcal

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I notice a new ad feature at the bottom of my ER forum pages. It's about an inch high with a banner ad. Not appreciated as there is already an ad at the top of the page.

Are others enjoying this? Can it be turn off? As a protest I've added this site to my ad blocker list.

I notice a new ad feature at the bottom of my ER forum pages. It's about an inch high with a banner ad. Not appreciated as there is already an ad at the top of the page.

Are others enjoying this? Can it be turn off? As a protest I've added this site to my ad blocker list.
You need to pay the advanced user fee to avoid having this.

Last edited:
I'll quote the forum admin for those that aren't going to the existing thread:

The reason the box is empty is because we have so many people using ad blockers that's it's undermining the ability to offer services for free. We basically moved the ad from the footer of the page (which would not have seen before if you are using an ad blocker) into the box in the footer.

The box in the footer is empty because the ad blocker is removing the ad. All you have to do is click the X and it will go away for 24 hours. Then you can view as many pages as you want before it comes back in 24 hours.

We are looking into a way to disable this thing for members who actively post. For example, made 20 posts in the last month it would get disabled. We are working on this solution so it might be a little while before we can roll it out.

Back
Top Bottom