Wealth personalities: 6 types of millionaires

sgeeeee

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
For those of you who liked finding how a test classified your personality type, here's another classification system to look at.

http://aol1.bankrate.com/AOL/news/advice/wealth/wealth-home.asp
. . .
"For the survey, wealth is defined as having $1 million or more of net worth, not including the primary residence. "
. . .
'"Most millionaires today don't have inherited wealth. They're not driving a Jag and they're not flamboyant or flashy. They work hard, they're frugal and they save and invest well," says Walt Zultowski, senior vice-president of business and market development at The Phoenix Companies.'
. . .
'Living below your means is a key point, whether we're talking about someone with $1.2 million or $80,000. There's clearly also a work ethic; you hear a lot of these people say work is a joy." '
. . .
"Want to see what traits you have in common with millionaires?

Satisfied Savers
Status Chasers
Altruistic Achievers
Secret Succeeders
Disengaged Inheritors
Deal Masters
Once you figure out which type you are, get started on "Becoming a millionaire in 7 easy (hah!) steps."
"

I'll bet most of you find yourselves to be "satisfied savers", but there might be a few exceptions.

Smells a little like a distillation of "the millionaire next door". Although they cut people into two categories.

I dont fit cleanly into any of these six type. "Deal Maker" is about the closest, but only about 3/4 of the characteristics fit.

They need another category "Lucky Bastard". :)

My take as that these are profiles of people who have money, but that has little to do with early retirees. A few (the louche inheritors) might be candidates for ER, and the satisfied savers are more like traditional retirees. most of the rest of them are stuck in the rat race. it takes a rare bird to want to get out early and to have the discipline to work the system for sufficient resources to get out, and not get stuck in the tarpit along the way.

how many more of these do i have to write until i get my first dryer sheets? :p

I think Dory is in charge of the dryer sheet awards department. Keep posting and the awards will come.

Back
Top Bottom