Catching up is like work

sgeeeee

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I got back last night from 11 days in Alaska and am leaving for several days in Utah tomorrow morning. My DW and I are heading up to Bluff, UT for a big gathering of Southwestern archaeologists. We've been going for years and will catch up with dozens of old friends.

Retirement is good.

But I started catching up on the posts on this board and realized that I was actually feeling some stress trying to get through everything. It felt like work for a minute.

I know . . . that's pretty forking stupid. So I'll quit for tonight and wait till I get back from Utah to start reading again. Can you guys be less wordy for about 4 or 5 days? And if you actually say anything important, please send me a personal note so I'll be sure and search that post. :)

Yeah, I've felt the same way in the sense that I get
so much backed up (that I feel I "have" to do) it begins
to feel like work. Incidentally, by definition everything
I say/write is "important" :)

John Galt

SG,

Where did you go in Alaska? I'm Headed to Kodiak late next month for some Fishing. :)
Hi cut-throat,

We spent some time in Anchorage, Denali, Skagway and Juneau. We met up with family and let them plan the itenary. It was our first time up there. We're already planning our own trip now that we've seen the "lay of the land".

. . . Incidentally, by definition everything
I say/write is "important"   :)

Yeah . . . I knew that, John. Or at least I knew that you might say that. :D

It's even harder to "catch-up" when you're a newbie. ;)
I've so many questions to ask...but want to go thru all the old threads to make sure the topic hasn't already been covered. A lot of work... :p ...but I'm getting a lot of great ideas from all of you....Thanks! :D

Hello Cal! This is a wonderful site, with a colorful cast
of "characters" and a ton of great information. Why,
even I have learned a few things here :)
Some humor too, which always helps.

John Galt

Cal,

If you've been reading the posts here and there, you'll already know to subtract about 12 lbs. of ego in order to grasp the gist of any post of John Galt's.

Just friendly advice for a newbie!

Anne :eek:

Hey Cal and Anne, actually I have been holding back
so as not to appear heavyhanded and overly
condescending. Pretty scary huh? :)

John Galt

It's even harder to "catch-up" when you're a newbie. ;)
I've so many questions to ask...but want to go thru all the old threads to make sure the topic hasn't already been covered.  A lot of work... :p ...but I'm getting a lot of great ideas from all of you....Thanks!   :D
As you try to "catch-up" with all the old posts, you will discover that the same topics get brought up again and again anyway. Then . . . you'll probably notice that the conclusions about various topics will vary from thread to thread and actually contradict each other. Then. . . you'll probably notice that the same poster will sometimes contradict himself/herself from time to time. :)

So don't hesitate to bring up a topic you are interested in. Even if we have discussed it before, we might come up with a new answer today. :D

:eek: New member.
My wife and I decided to early retire. A little nervous.
assets include $215,000 -457"s, $450,000 in mutual funds (stocks and bonds) $70,000 in cash. My wife will begin collecting a $23,000 yearly disability pension. I have a $20,000 a year part-time job starting next monthy. House paid, no loans. Basic Expenses are $1,000 a month. Ages 52 and 53.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hello new member! You must excuse Cut-Throat.
He is a bit full of himself this morning. Well, full of something anyway :)

I have made this remark many times, but your post
inspires me once again. I must have retired with less
and had it work out better than most anyone who posts
here (including unclemick). Plus, I was never nervous
(being a very confident sort). With what you have
I could have been gone way earlier if the idea had
been planted back then.

John Galt

Thanks, the worry is inflation and $ past the bare necesssities. I have always been someone who idenified with the job and yet planned to retire early. Also, this is a new experience!!!
I should be HAPPY.

. . .
I should be HAPPY.

Yes. Congratulations on your financial achievments. If you're smart and motivated, you can learn to be happy. :D

Hello new member! You must excuse Cut-Throat.
He is a bit full of himself this morning. Well, full of something anyway :)

He IS ornery today, isnt he!

Mrs. Cut-throat must have given him some last night.

Back
Top Bottom