Guilty of Being a Cubicle Hater

notTwain

Dryer sheet wannabe
Just about left work today ... since I have met my goal earlier this week. It's funny that I feel I have to wait a few days or weeks with a feeling that there's smoke to clear to see where the assortman of well-diversified portfolio settles ... but I guess that's a never ending feeling.

There also seems the need for some sort of impetus for the final shove ... do we really have to give two weeks notice.? almost dropped that safety cord - that is, almost burned the bridges (my gf said just chill today). There a point where the investments meets the dream and the work isn't stimulating - but you just never know how to make that call known to the 'ol cubicle co-workers.

Actually, I have an office but there's even greater isolation in that, especially with a fire door.

Anyway, I thought it would be cute to send this poem to everyone ... maybe not? I found it when I was searching the great IPO Google search ... ' hating cubicles'. I thought it was so relevant to me since I actually left at 9:00 AM after an hour and decided 'nope'.

http://wmn.cs.ccu.edu.tw/furby/dan/Escape from your cubicle.htm

notTwain

Ugh... cubicle hell.

Live it every workday :'(

Delurking...

Don't burn your bridges, even if it feels good at the time. Someday you may need a little side work, or just want a little extra cash to help pay for the boat... or whatever! In my case, I still do freelance programming for my old employer (not ER yet... I'm only 24), and just last month pulled in about $10k in freelance jobs from them.... these opportunities wouldn't have come up had I not left my old job very gracefully, and with no hurt feelings.

I work for a university now... in a cube... I feel your pain. Funny thing about cubes though, they were never meant to be used as they are today! They were actually designed to facilitate communication, not isolate you from it.

I used to call them "veal fattening pens".

My only advice: always be professional. Many of my best friends still hail from my old job, and I continue to correspond with my old boss quite regularly. We remain friends and I know I always have a job back there anytime I want it as a result.

Not a bad thing to know. Because you never know. But what do I know?

Back
Top Bottom