Scrolling Software for Touchpads

C

Cut-Throat

I used to have some software that I downloaded from Synaptics Software, that let me scroll on my mouse touchpad by just moving my finger up and down on the right side of the pad.

When my Laptop hard drive crashed this weekend, I went to their site and I could not get the new software to work.

Does anyone here have a link for some software that works. 8)

This is a feature built into the new Apple computers. I have software that adds this to earlier Apple computer Powerbooks, if this will help let me know and I will send along the information.
Synaptics is a good company, I believe they designed the ipod scrolling interface, a serious accomplishment.

This is a feature built into the new Apple computers.  I have software that adds this to earlier Apple computer Powerbooks, if this will help let me know and I will send along the information.
Synaptics is a good company, I believe they designed the ipod scrolling interface, a serious accomplishment.

yakers,

Thanks for the offer, but I'm Windoze and we better not go there :)

You better not go there, or there WILL be trouble ;)

Try here http://www.synaptics.com/support/drive.cfm

Or go to the web site of whoever made your lappie and look for driver downloads, they're probably there.

Thanks TH, but that was the software that I downloaded and could not get it to work :(

I tried the HP site and could not find anything there either.

What model HP lappie do you have?

How about this one:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/hpcpqnk/us/download/22206.html

If that one doesnt work, go into device manager and try uninstalling and reinstalling the touchpad once or twice. If that doesnt work, tell it to update the driver from device manager and point it at the directory where you unzipped the synaptics driver.

If that doesnt work, join us in the thread where we're bashing HP stuff.

If it makes you feel better, this is being composed on an evil and partially defective HP laptop...

Back
Top Bottom