Canadian Utilities

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I would like to buy some shares in Canadian hydro-electric utilities; and perhaps also some pipeline shares.

Might any of you Canadians or others have some names you could suggest? Or a webpage where I might get some names to look at?

Thanks, Mikey

Hi Mikey.

I just bought some trust units of Inter Pipelines and Pembina Pipeline.

Thanks, Ladies. I am looking into these and others in the same class that I found this morning.

Mikey

Mikey: As I suggested to someone else today, check out www.stockhouse.com. Its a sort of Canadian investment yahoo. Gives data on different investments as well as bulletin boards. Also check out the globe and mail site.

Separately, I was actually looking at Algonquin today. Decided to pass as company does not appear to be earning enough cash to pay the dividend...which is a little higher than peers at about 8%. Didn't go too deep in my review, though...so take it FWIW.

Stephen

I would like to buy some shares in Canadian hydro-electric utilities; and perhaps also some pipeline shares.

Might any of you Canadians or others have some names you could suggest? Or a webpage where I might get some names to look at?

For big publicly traded utilities, http://www.tse.com/HttpController?G...Tab=ConstituentCompanies&Market=T&Language=en

Enbridge is a mix of pipeline and utility. TransCanada Pipe is a pretty pure play on pipelines. If you want something you can buy in the US, Duke bought a fair sized Canadian operation called Westcoast Transmission a few years ago.

I'm not endorsing any of those, mind you. I'm a bone idle indexer. But now you know where to look.

Back
Top Bottom