I stand corrected

Mr._johngalt

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Recently I opined that the -0-% APY credit card offers were drying up. One of the regulars (sorry, forgot who)
said there were still plenty available. I have many many cards and a huge credit availability, but decided to test
this. Shazamm! I picked one out and applied on line.
Approved on the spot, so this means more cash flowing
into my MM funds. Is this a great country or what? :)

JG

The advantage of getting 0% interest rate credit cards is simple; you can use the lender's money for free. There are, however, several things you should understand before you get 0% interest rate credit cards.

* Virtually all 0% interest rate credit cards offer no interest for a limited amount of time, usually 6-12 months.
* Some of these cards do not allow you to transfer balances from high-rate interest cards during the introductory 0% offer period.
* Some 0% interest rate credit cards charge very high balance transfer fees such as origination fees of $50.
* Some of these cards also carry very high penalties for late payments and automatically switch you to a variable APR rate for a late payment.
* Some 0% interest rate cards charge very high interest after the introductory period.

Hello GD-ER. I happened to notice the other day that at
the peak of the -0- % APR frenzy I had 117K
outstanding on my credit cards. Man, it was raining
money :)

JG

I was mentioning this thread to my step-mom this weekend, she was saying her CC treated those checks as cash advances, had fees etc. associated. Knowing you wouldn't put up with that JG, I said I was sure that wasn't the case with your plan, have you had to do anything special with these cards to avoid the fees?

Back
Top Bottom